Sideshow toys to do... RAH? 12"? Movie figures? - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    What do you mean cheapskates? I collect Transformers too and I feel nothing towards Sideshow's Snake Eyes in the same way that I felt when I first saw Masterpiece Optimus Prime or Masterpiece Megatron. I think it's because there is no good reason for this Snake Eyes, or this whole line from Sideshow. I'm very unimpressed by this figure.

And, where is Timber? If one's going to pay $120, the Snake Eyes figure should at least be as complete as it can be.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, I don't care for calling members here cheapskates.

And once again, I don't balk at spending $$$ on toys - I do it far too often.

I am just saying as an owner of many Dragon, Medicom, Hot Toys and Sideshow 12" figures, I have seen nothing yet released that would suggest Sideshow is in the same range of quality and price as the other speciality 12" companies. Mind you Sidehow is generally a lot better than 12" Hasbro - and that is why I don't mind paying $60-$90 for a Sideshow figure.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

At this point the only sideshow gijoe I would spend 120$ on is Zartan; and only if done right.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EVILFACE
    Man, I never thought I'd see my fellow RAH fans be such cheapskates.
    Nothing to do do with being cheap...it`s a terrible value.
    SS knows the Snake eyes is a key figure and is gonna` milk it.
    Price gouging IMO.
    Well guess what, lots of guys ain`t buying at that price, and I`m one of `em...

buying

i really need to get one of those..harhar

I'll be getting one. I actually really like the figure. I have always preferred my Joes to be a bit more on the realistic side, rather than superhero side. I was always under the impression that GI Joe was a special military task force, not the Avengers. When I look at that figure, I see a modern special forces soldier. I also like that his arms are normal sized. Most martial artists or "ninjas" aren't super huge, anyway. They don't need to be. Too much mass means you typically can't be as agile.
    Anyway, I like it.
    I can't wait to see the new Cobra Trooper and the Cobra Commander they will be putting out. Uber excitement
    Last edited by SolidSnakeEyes; 07-16-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
    -- Timothy Leary/Eddie Izzard
    p.s. It turns out I'm on Myspace.
    www.myspace.com/****myspacetakinawaymyurl
    that naughty word, is the "F word."

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes
    I can't wait to see the new Cobra Trooper and the Cobra Commander they will be putting out. Uber excitement
    ask and ye shall see:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...554#post371554

personally I love the fact they are doing 12 inch high end collectibles but I have yet to se one that made me drool and say oh yeah gotta get that one, leather jacket on CC makes me think Fonzie from happy days for some reason , yes I know,its a trench.
    Lady Jaye with that sniper rifle is really the only one that i am looking forward to

I don't know about every one else but from the pics I love the SE figure. It is the first Sideshow figure I've ordered (preordered). I'm not a 12 inch fig collector, but, as a Joe collector, this is a must have for me. First "premium" type figure I've ever purchased. I don't have any interest in CC right now, but I'm excited to see what they do with the rest of the line. Very much a pick and choose type line as I can't see having to buy them all up to complete the line. Just can't see them making enough different figures to build the entire team, i.e. there will always be holes in the collection.

I just pre-ordered the Sideshow Exclusive version of Cobra Commander. The exclusive part is a Cobra staff with a hidden blade. While the price tag of $99.99, $20 less than Snake Eyes, certainly helps, I think CC looks a lot better than Snake Eyes.

Is Tim Bradstreet getting credit for designing these toys? He sure as heck should be. I wonder if Sideshow could add some padding to Snake-Eyes shirt to make him look less scrawny?