Toys R Us online reveals secret exclusives? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looks like I just misunderstood you. I saw you were new here, so thought that if you were new to collecting or just getting back into it you might not have known about them.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I tried pre-ordering some of these sets multiple times when they first showed up on the TRU site, but the checkout system kept giving me crap about my CC. (the CC I use almost daily without problem, so whatever). Now it looks like I'm gonna have to go to TRU everyday this March... I really hate that place.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    I tried pre-ordering some of these sets multiple times when they first showed up on the TRU site, but the checkout system kept giving me crap about my CC. (the CC I use almost daily without problem, so whatever). Now it looks like I'm gonna have to go to TRU everyday this March... I really hate that place.

I had the same problem! I couldn't pre-order anything at all! Hopefully, someone on here can help or they put more on the site.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some of the sets are nice but I don't need to pre order, if I find them at retail cool, if not I won't loose any sleep over them. Im really only looking for the CGs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    Some of the sets are nice but I don't need to pre order, if I find them at retail cool, if not I won't loose any sleep over them. Im really only looking for the CGs one.
    Amen to that. While all of the sets are mildly interesting, none of them are so cool that I can't wait to find them at retail. Personally, I'm a little frustrated that I have to own so many cobra commanders in order to troop build and that I'm going to have a wide variation in my Cobra troopers and officers because Hasbro didn't use a standard paint job.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by YELSEW
    I had the same problem! I couldn't pre-order anything at all! Hopefully, someone on here can help or they put more on the site.
    I'm willing to help anyone get what they need at cost. I'm going to try and get to TRU every morning this March to beat the local collector shop to the punch on these. All I ask is that they do the same in return for me, should I get screwed by the TRU employees that said collector shop has in their pocket. My TRU has been getting Wave 5 in, but only the Hooded CC and Shippy are hitting the floor.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    ...I get screwed by the TRU employees that said collector shop has in their pocket. My TRU has been getting Wave 5 in, but only the Hooded CC and Shippy are hitting the floor.
    Whoa. Does this kind of thing happen often?
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Whoa. Does this kind of thing happen often?
    Oh yeah. Over the last 11 years of collecting toys here in the desert, I've seen it all. For example, have you ever seen a TRU employee with a rolled up copy of Toyfare in their back pocket? I have. Or how about your TRU employing the brother of a collectible shop owner, and the wife of another entirely different collectible shop owner? The drama involved around both shops, plus a third is soap opera material. Then there was the guy who worked at Target who was hoarding Treasure Hunts, amongst a bunch of other crap he was stealing from his employers. When he finally got caught, and subsequently fired, he killed himself. And then there was the troika of Wal-Mart toy department managers who... Wait, I'm gonna save that for later. You can read it in my book called, "True Stories from Aisle 7: Sex, Drugs, Violence and Toy Collecting". Thats a joke of couse. Its obvious from this post that I can't write, but the stories are true. I got a million of them.

BTW, I'm by no means a saint, I caused my share of shenannigans in plastic-land, but I've mellowed out in my 30s.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 02-05-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    I'M A MAC

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Cobra night watch and Snake eyes vs Ninjas are out. I found them today in San Diego