Wave five 2 packs are: - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Don't be rippin' on the Fridge. He might track you down and sit on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    At least it isn't a lame-o like the Fridge. Just kidding!
    <<<Collecting 3 3/4" figures since 1980>>>

Looking for:
    Equalizer smoke canister - left side
    Adder - red piston arm and stickers
    Tiger Cat - missle rack, missles, and torpedos (no skis needed)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Amen! The animation was pretty rad also!

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper
    And these are going to come with a comic so that means Nemesis Enforcer is comic book continuity now.
    Yep, which probably means the rise of the Cobra-La!!!!!! I don't have any problem with this!

Just a side note, do you think the new comics will continue to be released with the 2 pack figures? I mean the comic market is all but extinct, right? I think this is a great idea to accompany the comic with 2 figures. It fits the 9.99 price tag pretty good. I know I would have collected every figure and comic two pack released for the past few years such as America's Elite? Or even the GI JOE Vs Transformers (Package 1 Joe with a Transformer?!?) But, I have not purchased the comics alone. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about the comics being destroyed while mailing them to me. I think it is a win-win.

What do you guys think?
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YELSEW
    Yep, which probably means the rise of the Cobra-La!!!!!! I don't have any problem with this!
    Oh, just stop it. Seriously. lol
    No need to kick us while we're down.

Quote Originally Posted by YELSEW

Just a side note, do you think the new comics will continue to be released with the 2 pack figures? I mean the comic market is all but extinct, right? I think this is a great idea to accompany the comic with 2 figures. It fits the 9.99 price tag pretty good. I know I would have collected every figure and comic two pack released for the past few years such as America's Elite? Or even the GI JOE Vs Transformers (Package 1 Joe with a Transformer?!?) But, I have not purchased the comics alone. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about the comics being destroyed while mailing them to me. I think it is a win-win.

What do you guys think?
    Are you referring to the G.I.Joe comic market specifically?
    I don't think the comic market in general is going anywhere. My brother is almost single handedly keeping it afloat.

I'm just hoping that history doesn't repeat itself (this time) and that Cobra-La doesn't signal the beginning of the end, again.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Cobra-la was the end of one era, but the beginning of another, much more colorful era called the early 1990s, where we all wanted to be as bright and neon-y as possible, while fighting toxic waste, drugs, and mutants in deep space. I say "thank you" to Golobulous, Serpentor, Big-Lob, and all the other wonderful characters that made all that possible.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Cobra-la was the end of one era, but the beginning of another, much more colorful era called the early 1990s, where we all wanted to be as bright and neon-y as possible, while fighting toxic waste, drugs, and mutants in deep space. I say "thank you" to Golobulous, Serpentor, Big-Lob, and all the other wonderful characters that made all that possible.
    Heh, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper
    And these are going to come with a comic so that means Nemesis Enforcer is comic book continuity now.
    Who knows.. maybe it'll relate to that Dic episode where Falcon has a drug problem, and Cobra-La will be a wacky, drug-induced hallucination. Seriously, though, I'm fairly happy with this two-pack selection. Yeah, another Cobra Commander figure is a bit of a bummer, but maybe Hasbro didn;t think Tripwire would sell well enough on his own, so I'd rather pay $10.00 to get Tripwire, CC, and a comic than not get Tripwire. I'm guessing we'll get a single-carded IG eventually, too, so that would solve the having-too-many-extra-Destros problem. As for Nemesis Enforcer and Falcon, I think this is the best of the bunch. true, Falcon may re-use some parts, but many of the 25th. figures have so far. I'm glad to finally see Hasbro moving past the 1986 series for some more new characters. As for Nemesis Enforcer.. the whole Cobra-La thing was wacky, and I don't really view it as part of any canon continuity, but... for nostalgia, and the fact that it has the potential to be a very cool looking figure, I'm quite happy about him being chosen. Now give us more post-86 characters. Where's Jinx, or Tunnel Rat, or Shockwave?
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler
    Who knows.. maybe it'll relate to that Dic episode where Falcon has a drug problem, and Cobra-La will be a wacky, drug-induced hallucination. Seriously, though, I'm fairly happy with this two-pack selection. Yeah, another Cobra Commander figure is a bit of a bummer, but maybe Hasbro didn;t think Tripwire would sell well enough on his own, so I'd rather pay $10.00 to get Tripwire, CC, and a comic than not get Tripwire. I'm guessing we'll get a single-carded IG eventually, too, so that would solve the having-too-many-extra-Destros problem. As for Nemesis Enforcer and Falcon, I think this is the best of the bunch. true, Falcon may re-use some parts, but many of the 25th. figures have so far. I'm glad to finally see Hasbro moving past the 1986 series for some more new characters. As for Nemesis Enforcer.. the whole Cobra-La thing was wacky, and I don't really view it as part of any canon continuity, but... for nostalgia, and the fact that it has the potential to be a very cool looking figure, I'm quite happy about him being chosen. Now give us more post-86 characters. Where's Jinx, or Tunnel Rat, or Shockwave?
    How can something be the best of the bunch when no one even has the slightest idea what they look like?