Wave five 2 packs are: - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    How can something be the best of the bunch when no one even has the slightest idea what they look like?
    I think he simply means it is the best sounding of the bunch or to him it will be the best of the bunch.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Cobra-la was the end of one era, but the beginning of another, much more colorful era called the early 1990s, where we all wanted to be as bright and neon-y as possible, while fighting toxic waste, drugs, and mutants in deep space. I say "thank you" to Golobulous, Serpentor, Big-Lob, and all the other wonderful characters that made all that possible.
    Yeah, thanks a lot!

I never really liked by Joes to look like they came out of a David Lee Roth video.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler
    Who knows.. maybe it'll relate to that Dic episode where Falcon has a drug problem, and Cobra-La will be a wacky, drug-induced hallucination. ...
    Haha that is one of my ideas to how I rationalize Cobra-La. Remember those spores? Well those were the hallucinagen drugs!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't like alot of fantasy in GI Joe, but Golobulus tail is fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Thanks jbluez.

What's so Cobra-tastic about Cobra-La, anyway? They barely had any snake references at all. In fact, they had more of an "insects and fungi" theme than anything else.

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaaaame
    I'm pretty sure whoever whote the movie script used "Cobra-La" as a "Shangri-La" placeholder until a better name could be thought of.

Of course, Hasbro, in their infinite wisdom at the time, thought Cobra-La was a fantastic name.

Quote Originally Posted by samjjones
    I'm pretty sure whoever whote the movie script used "Cobra-La" as a "Shangri-La" placeholder until a better name could be thought of.

Of course, Hasbro, in their infinite wisdom at the time, thought Cobra-La was a fantastic name.
    I've always thought that whoever wrote the script was a California resident, and LA meant Los Angeles!, hahaha
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Well, when the dart hit Nemesis Enforcer's name at Hasbro R&D at least they had the foresight to think of a way to sell this figure. They're gonna spend all that $$ on molds and tooling, so they need to guarantee sales by packing him in with a character lots of people want.

I don't really like the extreme Sci-Fi aspects of GI Joe; we all had Transformers for that. But having just seen "Cloverfield" mix up military action with monsters I guess I'm just in sort of an open-minded mood. I'm sure it'll pass.
    I will NEVER accept Cobra Commander was anything but the human, pushed-to-the-maniacal edge father of Billy.
    Last edited by Wylde Weezle; 02-09-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle
    I will NEVER accept Cobra Commander was anything but the human, pushed-to-the-maniacal edge father of Billy.
    Yeah, agreed.

...but I mean, that whole ordeal was just Hasbro and Sunbow trying to make the whole thing more "kid-like." Kids understand a half man/half snake person, who leads a baddie group called COBRA, who has a snakey voice...not a ****ed of used car salesman, who has plently of social issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    How can something be the best of the bunch when no one even has the slightest idea what they look like?
    Well, I guess I basically the best character selections, and one I think has the most potential to be cool, but, of course, if they do a poor job on it, but a great job on the others, that would exchange. I guess I'm basically assuming it based on the three of them all turning out at comparable levels of quality.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

So I guess this close to Toy Fair that we get our first pics there? Maybe we will see the FF vs Greenshirts and the CG Troopbuilder pack, too?