Wave five 2 packs are: - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I hope you guys buy the Nem/Falcon 2 packs up. Really. We need to show some interest in the Movie/CobraLa stuff so that they will finally give us a Pythona, and maybe even a BigLob
    Good one. Next you'll be telling us we need Eco warriors and dino hunters.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, there were a lot of people hoping for Pythona and Big Lob 25th figures last year, since they were never released as RAH figures, I guess.

Personally, I can do without anything Joe post-1986, but I would prefer just about anything over the incessant wacky repaints. Plus, I always liked the beret-wearing guys, so Falcon's fine with me.

I hope you guys buy the Nem/Falcon 2 packs up. Really. We need to show some interest in the Movie/CobraLa stuff so that they will finally give us a Pythona, and maybe even a BigLob
    I'd love to have a Pythona/Big Lob 2 pack. I LOVE the movie...it's one of my favorite memories as a kid. I can't wait to get a big bad Nemises Enforcer that hopefully doesn't have rubber bat wings that don't stay on his back (one of my biggest disappointments as a kid, haha).

I also wouldn't mind an eco warrior pack..maybe a cesspool vs one of the eco-joes.

To me, GI Joe encompasses the whole line...I love how the line changed and adapted over time to mimic what the current values or important themes of the time were. Anti-terrorism in the 80's, a little sci-fi here and there, pro-environment when all that stuff came out big, anti-drug to send a good message to the kids. Don't hear me the wrong way, the neon figures aren't my favorites by any means, but I just think its neat to look back and see how a toy line evolves over time.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Heck, I would buy Eco-Warriors and Dino-Hunters. I know I am in the minority, but Cesspool, Toxo-Viper V. 2, and Toxo-Zombie, in particular, would all make for cool figures. I was born in '82, and grew up with the Joe line from age 4 on, so I actually have fond memories of figures from the 90's, and would really liek to see Hasbro pepper in more later characters. No, I'm not saying we need a Battle Corps 'fishing trip' Bazooka (though I would actually buy it... anyway...) but I'm glad to see Hasbro make any steps in the direction of considering characters from the post '85 era of the line, as they have been under-represented int he line. Two of these three comic packs do that, so that makes me happy. I still want to see other earlier characters (Alpine, Recondo, etc.), but I like to see Hasbro mix it up a bit. Though in retrospect I think the movie is pretty darn goofy, back int he day I thought it was pretty darn cool, and I certainly would buy a few more movie-based figures, even if I don't consider it part of G.I. Joe canon. I'd much rather have Golobulus than more Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows. Heck, a blind Roadblock with snake Cobra Commander two-pack would actually be kind of cool. "Wassss oncccce a maaaaan....."
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler
    Heck, I would buy Eco-Warriors and Dino-Hunters. I know I am in the minority, but Cesspool, Toxo-Viper V. 2, and Toxo-Zombie, in particular, would all make for cool figures. I was born in '82, and grew up with the Joe line from age 4 on, so I actually have fond memories of figures from the 90's, and would really liek to see Hasbro pepper in more later characters. No, I'm not saying we need a Battle Corps 'fishing trip' Bazooka (though I would actually buy it... anyway...) but I'm glad to see Hasbro make any steps in the direction of considering characters from the post '85 era of the line, as they have been under-represented int he line. Two of these three comic packs do that, so that makes me happy. I still want to see other earlier characters (Alpine, Recondo, etc.), but I like to see Hasbro mix it up a bit. Though in retrospect I think the movie is pretty darn goofy, back int he day I thought it was pretty darn cool, and I certainly would buy a few more movie-based figures, even if I don't consider it part of G.I. Joe canon. I'd much rather have Golobulus than more Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows. Heck, a blind Roadblock with snake Cobra Commander two-pack would actually be kind of cool. "Wassss oncccce a maaaaan....."
    While I am not as prepared to herald the return of Sci Fi Joe as the Bubbler, I will admit that I think it is coming. Hasbro has admited that the 25th line is a collector line and they have also admited the desire to position the Joe brand to attract kids as they march towards the movie release date. Well....I don't claim to be an expert on what kids like, but I don't see the more realistic Joes appealing to them. Not with X-men, Transformers, Ben 10, Power Rangers, Batman etc...on the shelves. Hasbro probably thinks this way to. The best we fans can hope for I believe is a balance between the realistic portions of Joe and the Sci Fi. If a Nemisis Enforcer means I get a Falcon or a Royal Guard means I get a new Hit and Run or whoever then by all means let's have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    While I am not as prepared to herald the return of Sci Fi Joe as the Bubbler, I will admit that I think it is coming. Hasbro has admited that the 25th line is a collector line and they have also admited the desire to position the Joe brand to attract kids as they march towards the movie release date. Well....I don't claim to be an expert on what kids like, but I don't see the more realistic Joes appealing to them. Not with X-men, Transformers, Ben 10, Power Rangers, Batman etc...on the shelves. Hasbro probably thinks this way to. The best we fans can hope for I believe is a balance between the realistic portions of Joe and the Sci Fi. If a Nemisis Enforcer means I get a Falcon or a Royal Guard means I get a new Hit and Run or whoever then by all means let's have it.
    Part of the problem is the whole 2 pack business. We have to buy a Nemesis enforcer in order to get a Falcon. If they were single carded we could only buy what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    Part of the problem is the whole 2 pack business. We have to buy a Nemesis enforcer in order to get a Falcon. If they were single carded we could only buy what we want.
    I don't think that's such a huge problem. So you have to buy one figure you don't want. It's only one figure. Besides, it is at least 2 new figures, not repaints. What I don't like is the Hawk Scarlet thing. Where in order to get a new figure, we have to also get an undesirable slightly repainted figure. That just doesn't make sense to me. Nor does the coming up Destro/IG 2-pack. Why the **** would they put a main character in with an army builder?!?!?!?! That one baffles me. They need to only do similar figs in these 2 packs. Either two new characters, two troopbuilders, or two repaints (like the SE/SS pack). All of the 2 packs were well done except that Hawk/Scarlet pack.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    See that is exactly what I am talking about. Hasbro puts out Falcon which is exciting to collectors, but lets face it he is probably going to be pretty boring to the average 7-10 year old. Whereas NE may turn off a great deal of us old guys but to the kid buying Ben 10 figures that NE looks pretty cool. See I think they are gradually trying to create figures that they think might appeal to the kids.

I don't think that's such a huge problem. So you have to buy one figure you don't want. It's only one figure. Besides, it is at least 2 new figures, not repaints. What I don't like is the Hawk Scarlet thing. Where in order to get a new figure, we have to also get an undesirable slightly repainted figure. That just doesn't make sense to me. Nor does the coming up Destro/IG 2-pack. Why the **** would they put a main character in with an army builder?!?!?!?! That one baffles me. They need to only do similar figs in these 2 packs. Either two new characters, two troopbuilders, or two repaints (like the SE/SS pack). All of the 2 packs were well done except that Hawk/Scarlet pack.
    I could have done without the entire first wave of comics, honestly. I think I may have missed wave 2 because too much of wave 1 is everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    See that is exactly what I am talking about. Hasbro puts out Falcon which is exciting to collectors, but lets face it he is probably going to be pretty boring to the average 7-10 year old. Whereas NE may turn off a great deal of us old guys but to the kid buying Ben 10 figures that NE looks pretty cool. See I think they are gradually trying to create figures that they think might appeal to the kids.
    Sucks for MOC collectors.