DDP to Lose License

yojoe.com

DDP to Lose License

See here.

Apparently IDW and Marvel are the big two competitors for the license, but IDW is edging out Marvel. Also being discussed here.

What do you all think about this?

EDIT: Phil Kost has confirmed that the license will go to IDW.
    Last edited by Abomb; 02-18-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Abomb
    See here.

Apparently IDW and Marvel are the big two competitors for the license, but IDW is edging out Marvel. Also being discussed here.

What do you all think about this?

EDIT: Phil Kost has confirmed that the license will go to IDW.
    Blah. I hate IDW's books. The art sucks for all the ones I've seen and most of the stories are just pointless attempts at seeing how far one can push the envelope. Sounds to me like we'll be getting bland characters with crappy art.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

While i didn't like a lot of what DDP did i thought they handled the license fairly well.

I agree with Sam though. I don't think IDW is the right FIT for joe.

Just my opinion and hopefully i am wrong because Comics are the main reason i am into the toys.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I certaily hope IDW dosn't get the joe liscence. I read the transformers stuff and it dosn't really seem to go anywhere and they don't really add much to keep their work fresh.

Marvel on the other hand does some good stuff but they drop the under performing titles in mid arc alot so stories either get rushed to completion or don't get published at all.

Even though DDP really has angered alot of true joe fans by killing off core characters (marvel did that once, DAMN saw viper) but, they have introduced some new and inovative characters let us see some of our faves unmasked and given us a glimpse of the origins behind the more classified characters and teams. So,truly I am not really looking forward to them potentially loosing the licence when they have so much more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah316
    Even though DDP really has angered alot of true joe fans by killing off core characters (marvel did that once, DAMN saw viper) but, they have introduced some new and inovative characters let us see some of our faves unmasked and given us a glimpse of the origins behind the more classified characters and teams. So,truly I am not really looking forward to them potentially loosing the licence when they have so much more to offer.
    Agree 100%
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

well, I'm not familair with IDW's work, But I just checked out the preview of "24" and I like the art. At least better than DDP's rough sketch's.

We'll See.
    C. M.