Are you kidding me? Missile Command - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS
    I bet it would of got more $$$ if it was actually posted in the correct category. The seller put it in the "other" category which I am sure is not looked at as much as the regular category.
    Maybe , but im pretty sure people after a particular item search by the name they are after in the full GI Joe section .

I.E
    I search for every week these words .....
    "missile command" & "Missle command "

As sellers often mispell missile and have it as missle so you gotta search for both words .

Never when Ive been after a particular item have I been into the subgroups to search for them .
    Always search the full GI Joe listings incase of that happening that you mention .
    " That american ninja ! He fights like a tiger !!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstarninja
    ...Never when Ive been after a particular item have I been into the subgroups to search for them .
    Always search the full GI Joe listings incase of that happening that you mention .
    Yeah that's how I always do it, I search for what I am looking for I don't browse so correct category has little meaning to me.

But you never know, maybe if it was in the correct category, it might have gone higher, maybe others browse more then searching, or drill down to those categorys more then I.

But I still personaly don't see it, for that sort of cash I'd take a nice vacation somewhere
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

i remember i had this set as a kid, well actually it was my brothers and by the time i got it, it was moldy and all beat up. someone should have slapped my brother and told him to keep it in the package. 6 g's is wildd. this is one of the few pieces of MIB Gi joe i could see spiralling into a ridiculous amount of money in the years to come....i

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstarninja
    I know M. Bellomos Joe guide is afew years old now , but thats listed as $500 / $700 MISB .
    You cannot go by Mark's book for determining the prices for sealed items in the current market.

For instance, least year I sold the following sealed items:

Skystriker $1200
    Water Moccasin $660
    Tomahawk $370
    Dargonfly (and one corner was slightly crushed) $670
    FANG (with the flag point cut out) $210
    Polar Bear (with the flag point cut out) $220

As you can see, Mark's prices are no where near these prices. This is nothing against Mark. All I'm saying is, his book cannot be used as price guide. Its a reference book and if your able to get pre '85 stuff MOC/MIB for the listed prices in his book, you are getting a steal.

The fact this missile command when so high does not surprise me. Personally, after seeing the stuff I sold go for as much as it did, I would put the missile command in the $3k - $5k easy. Think about it, it was the first GI Joe playset. It appears to be in mint/sealed condition. How many others have you ever seen like this? For a MIB/MOC collector with money, this is a no brainer, you get it and I'm sure they were happy with getting it for $6k.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Your absoultely correct , I just didnt think that prices had increased by that much in such a short span of time .
    Like I said , I saw Another MISB one gor for $1600 half a year ago .
    The amount this one went for compared to that is incredible .
    Again , I think 2 bidders got in a war and such the price got over inflated .

I just purchased my first Missle command HQ today , this one MIB in c9 condition with the box and 3 figures for $450 .
    Comes complete except it didnt have the filecard holder .
    I pretty much only brought it as I really wanted the box , as I also collect the Vehicle boxes .

Anyone got a filecard holder for sale to the missle command HQ , drop me a pm . Need one to complete my first HQ

The MIB/MOC prices are just flat out insane for the older vintage stuff and I would suspect as we get closer to the movie, prices will only go up from here.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Ive seen prices go up across the board since I came back. An item I could get for $20 last year would now cost me $40. The bad thing is I passed on alot of stuff in the past few years because I wasn't willing to spend the money. Now that I am willing, the price on everything has gone up.

Is yours on uncut cardboard? If it is I think you got an amazing deal.

I just purchased my first Missle command HQ today , this one MIB in c9 condition with the box and 3 figures for $450 .
    Comes complete except it didnt have the filecard holder .
    I pretty much only brought it as I really wanted the box , as I also collect the Vehicle boxes .

Anyone got a filecard holder for sale to the missle command HQ , drop me a pm . Need one to complete my first HQ [/quote]

Doesnt look like they have ever been assembled from the photos but I wont know for sure untill it arrives .

i've seen these go misb for both 600 and 900 on ebay.

-saboteur