Are you kidding me? Missile Command - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm gonna have to throw my 2 cents in here and say this price is way too high. This is just one of those daily examples on Ebay where something will sell for one price, and within a short amount of time, it will sell for 10% to 20% of the insanely high price (or vice versa). I've seen it so many times that it has become normal and doesn't shock me in the least.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Look at the bid history on this item - it was at $2700 until shortly before the auction closed, but then shot all the way up to $6000 within the last few minutes.

Of course, the winning bidder had had his bid in long before then, but it makes me wonder if the runner up wasn't just seeing how high he could bid the auction up.......and the poor guy who had put in a "guarantee I get it" bid was left holding the bag for over double what he should have paid for it.

That is why I don't do the "outrageous bid so I make sure I win it" thing. It's just too risky.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Red face

*chuckles*....I'll tell you right now....my hobby is not that serious.

*looks at the vintage $11.99 Sears price sticker on it* lol
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGang
    *looks at the vintage $11.99 Sears price sticker on it* lol
    Yeah, I wish I had a time machine and could go back and pick up a case of these @ $11.99. The 80's were such a golden age for action figures and it would be awesome to experience that again somehow.

I've often wondered why no one has made pdf files to print to make your own. Seems like someone out there would have one to scan in. If this does exist let me know.

They are pretty tough to find misb. I usually see them for 1000 and up mainly around 2grand and up for a very nice one. If the guy has the money to do so why not. If he wants it bad enough why not,its his money. Granted that could put a nice down payment on a car. lol Who knows maybe that was the last piece he needed in his collection so why not.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

That's about a 50,000% increase from the original sticker price
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Regarding the CoC

I was looking at the Forum Rules and I couldn't find anywhere on there where it said anything specifically relating to "outting auctions". Could a mod clarify this for me, please?

Outing auctions really isn't against the rules, but it is frowned on. An auction that is listed correctly & could be easily found wouldn't be considered "outed" if it were discussed because anybody could find it if they were looking for it or a similar item. For something to be outed it would have to have been listed with a poor description, in the wrong category, or some other detail that might make it hard to find. This has come up quite a few times, but I don't think I've seen it lately.

As far as the thread that was closed, I didn't see it, so I don't know what happened, but I really doubt it would've been closed for an auction being outed.

This should get moved to the new MOC/MIB section...

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !