Funskool MOC/MIB

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Funskool MOC/MIB

I know a lot of people don't like Funskool, but for a guy on a budget like me, it's great.

I've purchased several Funskool MOC figs and I absolutely love them. Sure, some are crap. I didn't buy those. I bought some really awesome looking ones like Flint, Barbeque, Tunnel Rat, Ripper, Buzzer, Road Pig, Night Viper, etc. And they look incredible for display.

My whole plan is to set up a few pegs on my wall and display these MOC figs like they were at Wal-Mart when I was a kid.

A lot of these figs I bought duplicates of. For example, I bought 2 Barbeque figs. One I'm keeping MOC and another I carefully cut out of the blister and repainted to look like Hasbro Barbeque, then carefully slid him back into the package and hung it on my wall to "trick" myself into thinking I have an original '85 MOC Barbeque lol.

Also, is it just me or is it nearly impossible to find MIB Funskool vehicles?

Thanks to the 25th line, I've just recently returned to Joe collecting for the first time since I was a kid. And since then I've read about people who have purchased Funskool Skystrikers and other vehicles on the cheap.

I've googled and found very few Funskool MIB vehicles, and absolutely none of those were Skystrikers.

So I'm guessing these were pretty much all bought up, eh?
    Last edited by Commander Hawk; 02-26-2008 at 01:41 AM.
    Looking to buy : Cobra Night Raven parts, Skyhawk landing skids (unbroken), M.O.B.A.T. turret gun, F.A.N.G. red engine cover/rollbar thing

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some Funskool vehicles aren't that hard to come by, but when it comes to Skystrikers... takes a while to find one. I've been trying to get one too, so if you see one don't hesitate, because if you don't get it, I will
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I've just really gotten into the Funskool stuff as well. I love the crazy Indian repaints of everyone! I just picked up Tripwire and I love him. If you havn't seen him, he's purple with "bomb squad" written on his chest. I'd have to agree though, any of the remakes of early Hasbro vehicles are hard to find, at least up here

How about Funskool stuff that is border-line Joe? I picked up a Super Cop set a few years ago, but I have no idea what it is worth MIB or loose or how rare it is. I've got a couple of the figures too, but same problem. I also picked up a Streethawk (with a black TARGAT). Does anyone know if this stuff is hard to find? I don't see it on Ebay anymore. (I've never seen the Superhero fig)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would like to have a couple of those Funskool toys to open and play with and to gave a couple of them as gifts to my nephew.

You can always look for people who bought the vehicles in hopes of finding those rare, odd-colored figure variants

I think there is some direct from India website that sells stuff. I don't know about their stock of vehicles
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

it was nice & easy to army build figures like Crimson Guard Immortals
    and Night Vipers

and vehicles like the CLAWs were awesome too!!
    Decals didn't stick longer than if you used your own saliva,
    but they were awesome for customs
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Don't know if it's still active, but here's a website I found:
    Sky Striker

http://www.143gifts.com/ViewProducts...egory=vehicles
    My G.I. Joe Store
    --» Wanted

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 03-29-2008 at 07:26 PM.

I was also curious about this. IS Funskool still under contract to produce the Hasbro Joe molds?
    Looking to buy : Cobra Night Raven parts, Skyhawk landing skids (unbroken), M.O.B.A.T. turret gun, F.A.N.G. red engine cover/rollbar thing

http://www.funskoolindia.com

Funskool India still has a website. No mention of Joes that I could find
    My G.I. Joe Store
    --» Wanted