Official - Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    With about a foot of snow I got Snow Job now all I need is IG Destro

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Found a Snow Job and Rock 'n' Roll at wally world today.
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
    ~Albert Einstein

I scored big time yesterday at my wal-mart I picked up the following single packs and comic packs the single packs were 5.44 a piece the comic packs were 9.88 a piece for a grand total of 93.92:

Single Packs:
    Snow Job
    scarlett
    Destro
    Duke
    Lt.Torpedo
    Road Block
    Cobra Commander (helmet version)
    Gung-Ho
    Iron Grenadiers Destro
    Cobra air trooper

Comic Packs:
    Crimson Guard and Scarred Cobra officer
    Batle Damaged SnakeEyes and StormShadow
    Capt. Ace and Wild Weasel
    Tomax and Xamot

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've had the best luck at Target. Picked up Zartan, IG Destro and Battle Armor CC as well as Rock n' Roll all in about 3 trips, and at the same location. Now just have to track down Torp and Snow Job.

Talking Night Watch = Hair Club for Cobra!

I was lucky enough to find a single Night Watch pack at TRU on my way to work. As I was unboxing the figures, I noticed what looked like paint between the head and helmet... and sure enough, all five of them have "Scarface"-style hair painted on, all in a different shade! Blonde, light brown, reddish brown, dark brown, and black. They also all have a cool logo on the left shoulder ("Night Watch"? It's essentially the Cobra logo w/ an outline kind of in the shape of the music box). This was news to me, but maybe it's been covered before and I just wasn't paying attention.

I'm not just the CO - I'm also a client!

Anyway, if anyone didn't know, (the internet images I saw weren't very clear), the set comes with the Snow Job/Cartoon rifle, Zartan's scoped rifle, and black versions of Flash's laser rifle/pack, Flint's shotgun, and Road Block's .50 machinegun. I'll probably be giving most of my Cobras the Marauder treatment eventually, so I may just swap the shotgun for Flint's green one (why is it green?), and same with the .50 - although the shells should be brass-colored, so Road Block'll keep the original ammo.

Oh, and the package also has "ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES" in excited red on yellow print over the explosion with... five of the standard trooper sniper rifles! ;D I would have been much more excied with say... five AKs, but whatev.

And yes, this means I'm playing with toys at work.

(Apologies for the image - I can't synch with my real camera at the moment. Better image later.)
    Last edited by therobidentity; 03-11-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Better image
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    I was lucky enough to find a single Night Watch pack at TRU on my way to work. As I was unboxing the figures, I noticed what looked like paint between the head and helmet... and sure enough, all five of them have "Scarface"-style hair painted on, all in a different shade! Blonde, light brown, reddish brown, dark brown, and black. They also all have a cool logo on the left shoulder ("Night Watch"? It's essentially the Cobra logo w/ an outline kind of in the shape of the music box). This was news to me, but maybe it's been covered before and I just wasn't paying attention.

I'm not just the CO - I'm also a client!

Anyway, if anyone didn't know, (the internet images I saw weren't very clear), the set comes with the Snow Job/Cartoon rifle, Zartan's scoped rifle, and black versions of Flash's laser rifle/pack, Flint's shotgun, and Road Block's .50 machinegun. I'll probably be giving most of my Cobras the Marauder treatment eventually, so I may just swap the shotgun for Flint's green one (why is it green?), and same with the .50 - although the shells should be brass-colored, so Road Block'll keep the original ammo.

Oh, and the package also has "ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES" in excited red on yellow print over the explosion with... five of the standard trooper sniper rifles! ;D I would have been much more excied with say... five AKs, but whatev.

And yes, this means I'm playing with toys at work.

(Apologies for the image - I can't synch with my real camera at the moment. Better image later.)
    I had heard that they did not have stands, but yet I see that yours do. Did they come with them, or did you customize these.....

I don't have custom skills. The stands are inside the package; I don't remember where, but I believe they're behind the cardboard. I pulled out the cardboard/plastic and began the disassembly just like on all the other 5-packs... cut the tape and slide out the tabs, cut the bands, release the prisoners. Five rifles are on the side, and banded internally. All I remember is that I saw the stands immediately w/o having to search around or anything.

Trade list!

Cool... I have not gotten them yet, but a guy on another thread had mentioned they didnt come with them. I just went back to the thread and read the follow up that they were indeed in there. Thanks for your follow up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the joe bandit
    Cool... I have not gotten them yet, but a guy on another thread had mentioned they didnt come with them. I just went back to the thread and read the follow up that they were indeed in there. Thanks for your follow up as well.
    You got it.

Trade list!

In the last week I've picked up the following from the local WM:

Torpedo, Rock N Roll, Snow Job, Wild Weasel/Ace, Tamox/Xamot, Crimson Guard/Scarface

Torpedo, and Snow Job are quite the awesome figures, as is the Wild Weasel. I am not a big fan of the red on the Ace figure, as I prefer the original all white figure. My Joes are now outnumbered 2 to 1.