Official - Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 51

yojoe.com

Page 51 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC44
    Were the Serpent Armor, Rocket pack, Devilfish all $30 where you are? I saw them at a Zellers, but I'm not paying $30 each for them.
    Yes, Zellers, retail $30(!!!) But they have a Joe sale on till the 19th where every Joe item is 25% off. Still very expensive but the Raven is down to 30 bucks at least.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Big weekend for joes for me. I had heard about the Aldi joes and found the white lab coat Dr. Lewis there. I had to restrain myself and left Kamakura and Charbroil there in favor of Reactive Ripcord and Accelerator Duke.

I've bought 11 joes this week, mostly at Walmart. The $5 tag and matching toys for tots is pretty motivating.

I picked up five figures at Toys R Us today.

General Hawk: Attack on the pit
    Snake Eyes: Arctic Assault
    Duke: Accelerator suit
    Storm Shadow: Paris Pursuit
    Dr. Rex: Black lab coat

I had to get Hawk. I didn't have a RoC version yet, and this version really rocks. I love the homage to the early 90s Hawk with the jetpack, too. I have the mail-in version with the lights and sound jetpack, and it's awesome

Another version of Snake Eyes for me, but this is a relatively unique version of him.

Duke in the accelator suit rounds out all of the movie figures of Duke and Ripcord I plan to get. I now have accelator suit and reactive suit versions of each.

I got Storm Shadow mostly because he's unmasked. I missed out on the unmasked Storm Shadow mail-in from a few years ago, unfortunately.

Dr. Rex is the only new character I got, depending on whether you consider him Dr. Mindbender or not. I consider him to be sort of the spiritual successor to Dr. Mindbender, but that's another story.

I haven't seen Sgt. Stone since last July. I wish I picked him up back then

I also didn't see Breaker at TRU. Bummer since I saw him at Target a few days ago and stupidly didn't get him.

I might go back to TRU for Charbroil. I don't know. I've already got Blowtorch.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    TRU still has the small vehicles at $12.99, so I grabbed the Armored Panther for the figure. Also found a HW Treasure Hunt Bone Shaker, pooper version, not the super version... either way, whooptie effin' doo. Dear Mattel, you suck. But I ordered the Classic He-Man re-do today, so I guess you don't suck that hard.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

First time ever I was actually able to buy joes in my own home town, walking distance from my house.

Another Aldi score:

Night Adder
    White variant Dr. Lewis (trying to trade for a black one)
    Kamakura
    Charbroil
    Nano Viper
    Para Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Satandy
    First time ever I was actually able to buy joes in my own home town, walking distance from my house.

Another Aldi score:

Night Adder
    White variant Dr. Lewis (trying to trade for a black one)
    Kamakura
    Charbroil
    Nano Viper
    Para Viper
    SO jealous! My Aldi only has RoC Wave 1. I've checked weekly for 3 weeks.

I did find Snake Eyes and his Arashikage Cycle @ Target last night for $10. Had to buy it even though the bike isn't much cooler than the McDs version a few years back.
    Current Wants (01-16-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Open call to musicians, bands, recording artists... Kaijuice 2!

I found another Ice-Viper at my local K-Mart yesterday. I only need one more. I think this one came in as part of the fifth assortment. I saw a Desert-Viper there. I saw a City Strike Duke there before. No City Strike Snake Eyes, though. The Joe section was picked over with Joes all over the place. K-Mart seems to be the only place around here getting in the latest assortment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Borgman
    SO jealous! My Aldi only has RoC Wave 1. I've checked weekly for 3 weeks.

I did find Snake Eyes and his Arashikage Cycle @ Target last night for $10. Had to buy it even though the bike isn't much cooler than the McDs version a few years back.
    Yeah it was about time something good happened. The closest place to buy toys around here is 25 miles away, and its a really rarely stocked Walmart. Joes at Aldi were an amazing find.

Quote Originally Posted by Satandy
    Yeah it was about time something good happened. The closest place to buy toys around here is 25 miles away, and its a really rarely stocked Walmart. Joes at Aldi were an amazing find.
    Aldi is great in many ways but finding toys you actually want there is a BONUS! I remember years back buying the final waves of He-Man (2002 series) there... and at a lower price than WM!
    Current Wants (01-16-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Open call to musicians, bands, recording artists... Kaijuice 2!

Today, I went back to my local Wal-Mart and picked up the LAW with Hawk and Grand Slam & Cobra Missile System with Scrap Iron and Neo-Viper.
    ... And knowing is half the battle.