Official - Look at what I just got or have thread - Page 60

yojoe.com

Page 60 of 240 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    I bought the Ice Dagger with Frostbite at my local TRU today. I managed to get four Arctic themed Joes to fit in it. It's too bad I can't get anyone to fit in the back where the ramp comes down. At least I can store the figure's gear in there.

On an additional note, no Arctic Doc or Arctic Shipwreck here yet.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    I bought the Ice Dagger with Frostbite at my local TRU today. I managed to get four Arctic themed Joes to fit in it. It's too bad I can't get anyone to fit in the back where the ramp comes down. At least I can store the figure's gear in there.

If you want to make a more authentic looking Frostbite, use the body you have and put Arctic Shipwreck's head on him. Looks very much like the original 80s figure.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

I bought Wraith at TJMaxx yesterday for $3.99! I never saw this guy ot regular retailers so I'm stoked. They had a huge assortment of 25th anniversary stuff at fantastic prices.
    Current Wants (01-16-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Open call to musicians, bands, recording artists... Kaijuice 2!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    If you want to make a more authentic looking Frostbite, use the body you have and put Arctic Shipwreck's head on him. Looks very much like the original 80s figure.
    That would work. I like the figure how it is with the Beachhead head sculpt, though. I'll leave it like that. I need to find him a weapon since he came with none. I should have no trouble with that.

Got the jungle camo Heavy Duty, Sgt. Stone, Ice Viper and Elite Viper today. Sgt. Stone completes my full set of "appeared in movie" figures, aside from the character variants.
    If Knowing is half the battle, then surely big guns and lots of ammo is its counterpart.

I went back to my local TRU today and got Arctic Threat Doc and Arctic Threat Shipwreck. I, also, picked up the last Cobra Gunship. I like how it has a compartment that fits two passengers.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Picked up the TRU Sting Repainted-er, that Ship Head and the Eye Sore Doc.

yippie...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Picked up the latest issue of GI Joe: Origins featuring the Baroness!
    Current Wants (01-16-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Open call to musicians, bands, recording artists... Kaijuice 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist

I just picked up the last one at a Walmart here...I dunno man, I got a guy in the back just fine...If you look on the right hand side there is a seat molded in.

All in all a pretty good vehicle, but a couple notes:

1) Hasbro, you REALLY need to test out your vehicle drivers with these vehicles cause I cannot get the windshield completely closed due to Frosty's hood

2) There is a little pull-out running board deally on the left side just behind the ski

3) What is with this not quite 360 degree turning of the turret? I gotta fix that

and finally a question for all you guys more knowledgable than me....

I have looked in the Archive and cannot find a version of this vehile that mentions a battery function, and yet on the bottom is a sealed battery compartment....whats up with that? Anyone?

Also ordered some 7-packs this morningin an effort to try and catch up with what I missed
    Last edited by Blizzard; 02-04-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    I just picked up the last one at a Walmart here...I dunno man, I got a guy in the back just fine...If you look on the right hand side there is a seat molded in.

All in all a pretty good vehicle, but a couple notes:

1) Hasbro, you REALLY need to test out your vehicle drivers with these vehicles cause I cannot get the windshield completely closed due to Frosty's hood

2) There is a little pull-out running board deally on the left side just behind the ski

3) What is with this not quite 360 degree turning of the turret? I gotta fix that

and finally a question for all you guys more knowledgable than me....

I have looked in the Archive and cannot find a version of this vehile that mentions a battery function, and yet on the bottom is a sealed battery compartment....whats up with that? Anyone?

Also ordered some 7-packs this morningin an effort to try and catch up with what I missed
    I know about the seat. I'm sure a figure could fit in there, but I haven't been able to get any of my bulky Arctic Joes to fit well. This vehicle was originally designed to go with New Sculpt Joes, so there are some tight fits depending on what 25th Sculpt figures a person is using since they vary in size. Personally, I've had little trouble seating Frostbite up front. I got him in there as low as I could get him so his head doesn't connect with the windshield.