Are you mad at Hasbro ? (concerning 25th anniversary figures) - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    I'm mad at hasbro about the crappy case size. in 80s & 90s there were like 24 per case. Now there are like what 8 in a case?

Very stupid.
    That has much less to do with Hasbro and rather how retailers want them packed. SW was packed really high like that back in the day but are much smaller now - well they are still packed more than Joes.

Retailers want fresh product in and out of the stores and not have old stock from a huge case sitting there forever.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-Loyalist
    Yes, I do actually got a beef with Hasbro....

Learn how to distribute your 25th ann. stock "evenly and plentifull", ..AND, learn how to "build up" your stock before distribution so you would'nt have the first problem in the first place.

AND HASBRO.. I believe you did this on purpose!! To build hype, ..thats not fair, and it is very dishonest to us collectors, and to the kids.
    Seriously this kind of talk is old and played out. The line didn't have strong retailer support at first and has been playing catch up ever since. Some parts of the country it is becoming much easier to find them now. I haven't had any significant problem finding them for several months now.

Some of you don't understand that Hasbro isn't some small toy company that afford to try to manipulate the market. They have smaller margins and board of directors and stock holders to answer to. It is all about selling max amount of product for max amount of profit.

The next con you go to where Hasbro is attending, talk to them about this.

This is the number 1 false internet rumor when it comes to the 25th line of GI Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Seriously this kind of talk is old and played out. The line didn't have strong retailer support at first and has been playing catch up ever since. Some parts of the country it is becoming much easier to find them now. I haven't had any significant problem finding them for several months now.

Some of you don't understand that Hasbro isn't some small toy company that afford to try to manipulate the market. They have smaller margins and board of directors and stock holders to answer to. It is all about selling max amount of product for max amount of profit.

The next con you go to where Hasbro is attending, talk to them about this.

This is the number 1 false internet rumor when it comes to the 25th line of GI Joe.
    Ok then.. will do.

Just expressing my opinion man.

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, the small case size irks me. We get in one case roughly every other week or so, which means 1 complete wave on the pegs every 2-weeks (that'll only be there for about 3-hours) and one lucky collector/kid/scalper (most likely scalper) going home happy every 2-weeks.

SW does have about twice the pack-out and we typically get 3-4 cases of those per shipment, so at least send out more than one case. The most we ever got was 4 cases of the army builder wave a couple of weeks back.

Hasbro has way more control than retailers, its their product.

They are the ones making small cases. It is stupid business sense to do a case so small that it s 1 of each figure, or one of each and dupes on 2 figures. Starwars, and many other hasbro items are larger. in the 90s and 2000s it was larger. Look at spytroops & VvV. It should be a MINIMUM of 12 in a case. In the past Hasbro would do different size cases for retailers and have a standard size too. It all comes down to HASBRO and what it chooses to offer. I have talked to people at the stores and they seem to want larger cases due to 1 person buying each case to get 1 of each.
    Last edited by AlternateUniverse Steeler; 02-27-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    Hasbro has way more control than retailers, its their product.
    You would be surprised how that isn't true. I have heard enough horror stories from inside the toy industry to make me never doubt the power of large retailers - especially Wal-Mart. WM will even dictate what price they will pay - often less than what it takes to make the item. They know they are in the position that they can make or break product lines. This is a large reason why you rarely see products from companies like NECA, Mezco, Art Asylum, etc etc in Wal-Mart. They can't meet all of WM's demands.

It is a much scarier marketplace out there than you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rub
    I can't imagine that low stock is something they wanted. They really missed out on selling both Joes and TF's during xmas and it could not have been good for their bottom line. I think that both Joe and TF lines were just wildly more successful than they projected. To me it's a no brainer, since both the 25th and TF movie lines were both the strongest since the 80's. I am just glad we are getting tons more Joes, especially the BATs. I'll agree with what was posted above concerning army builders on HTS. I'd buy 20 bats and pay their higher prices if I knew for sure I could get them there.
    Ya, I agree, but if they miss this coming Christmas, then I say Shame, Shame, Shame !

Bvent!

Ok then screw Wal-mart. They have been eating into Toy'r'us for over a decade now. They are probably just hurting each other. I know some of us don't have a Wal-Mart or a Toy'r'us nearby or a Target. Then some of us have 3 Walmart's 2 Toy's and 4 Targets.

I remember as a kid in Kalamazoo they didn't have any of those stores. We had Meijers, and Zayres, Woolworths, Kmart, Ben Franklins, and there were G.I.Joes lined up on both sides of the aisles nice and neat. If Hasbro can't get in with the big guys why don't they move in on the little guys. 2 case packs a week is killing me. I live in a large metropolitan area. Maybe Hasbro needs to open another factory or something if they can't keep up with demand.

I work at a grocery store on the weekends and empty shelves means lost real estate. ie if you can't keep up with demand then you get replaced. I fear that if they can't keep 40 pegs full(which i have never seen), then the next thing you know I get a Hello Kitty aisle instead. Star Wars aisle is about 40 pegs worth, much of that is the same crappy figures that nobody really likes. The little side of an end cap that holds maybe 30 figures but never seems to have more than 3 on it, doesn't cut it, unless you're a drug store. Yet there is an entire aisle of Elite Operations (not any cheaper) toys. I don't know how well that stuff moves but It seems like it's the same craptastic junk that has been sitting there. Mind you many of the vehicles are nice, since I bought some because there was no G.I.Joe to spend my money on.

I imagine it has to be hard to pack out forty pegs worth and keep full, but it's not! Fill the cases with figures that sell hand over fist (you have to actually make the figures first). Those are called A-R-M-Y B-U-I-L-D-E-R-S. Not two army builders and six individual figures. That will sit there forever, and then Wal Mart will tell you it's not selling and you have been down graded to a peg between women's razors and Scented candles in the clearence aisle. 8 pack cases are worthless. Try 16. 6 characters. 4 individual characters that are two in a case and 2 Army builders that are 4 each in a case. Or double that and save on shipping. What happens is the employees start paying attention because it becomes empty and it's their job to fill it. Put it this way My Toy'r'us has a lot of room available.

The address is :
    5521 LEESBURG PIKE
    BAILEYS CROSSROADS, VA 22041
    Store # 8304

PHEW! I feel much better, now that I have gotten that off my chest!

I just want to help. There is still time before the movie comes out to get it right.
    Last edited by Loose Cannon; 02-27-2008 at 10:59 AM.

I live in a major metropolitan area and we have none...NONE... at the stores I go to (walmart toysrus and target). Either hasbro is underproducing these or demand is far exceeding the supply. There's money to be had, they could be selling much more to people like me which would benefit both hasbro and the stores if they could work this out. I haven't seen a new figure since before xmas, I'm getting discouraged.

craptastic toys is what irks me more than the distribution. i dont understand why toysrus and walmart order these crappy toy lines over and over again that sell 10% of the product that hits the shelves and then this crap sits there for 2 quarters before it goes to wherever crappy toys eventually go. i hate seeing toy isles littered with junk. its been this way since the mid 90's and it hasnt slowed any. i think that has a lot to do with transformers/gi joe never truly dying off. the classics have stayed strong through the rest of the crap thats come out. star wars is another classic that hasnt died. im just ranting but i hate seeing this crap on the shelves all the time....some kids must like it though...