Which 25th anniversary G.I. Joe figures are you impressed with?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Which 25th anniversary G.I. Joe figures are you impressed with?

The only figures that I'm impressed and really want are

Shipwreck
    Serpentor
    Storm Shadow in his black stripes outfit with the bow and arrow
    Lady Jaye
    Flint
    Cobra Trooper
    Buzzer
    Destro with the gold mask and red cape outfit

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like all the figures to some degree, but I love the crimson guard, storm shadow v1 and snake eyes v2. I think the baroness is really awesome looking, articulation problems notwithstanding...

Ah that's a tough one, but here are the ones that impress me most, and why:

Beah Head:
    This seems to be the best representation of any character to date. The figure is the most believable, representing Beach Head better than any other figure represents their respective character. In stores, the figure tends to be the least sloppily decorated and constructed of the bunch. The details on his jacket and backpack are the best. The rope under the pack clarifies what purpose he would have a crossbow for - zipline. The knife detail in his boot is okay, but I wonder if I would have liked it better if it was removable or absent.

Wild Weasel:
    I saw images of this character online, but it really didn't occur to me how cool he was until I saw him on the peg. The sitting problem is easilly fixed by unbuckling his lower buckle. The paint detail is top notch with Beach Head's. If you have really good eyes, you can read some of the text on his lap pads:
    (left pad is a guess. There is a map that looks like a version of Cobra Island)
    COBRA ???? LOCATED
    ????? ?????

(right pad)
    DIRECT CONNECT
    ACCESS GRANTED
    100 0110 01 001
    The cherry on the Wild Weasel cake is that you can take off his visor, and see part of his face...
    http://forums.yojoe.com/attachment.p...1&d=1204101399

Snake Eyes v.1 (both black and chracoal):
    Back in the day, Snake Eyes v.2 was way cooler than v.1 to me. However, now that the detail has been redone to more closely resemble the characters, this one gives him back his military edge, and that is tight. What else makes it impressive is that the basic body mold and the web gear works with a bunch of other Joes, creating a sense of unifomity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW-noVisor01.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	3340  
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Stalker
    Breaker
    Beach Head
    Wild Weasel
    V1 Storm Shadow
    V1 Snake Eyes

I would like V2 Snake Eyes more if he had a sheath for his sword.
    Booya!

IG Destro
    Duke
    Snow Job
    Roadblock
    Ace
    Storm Shadow
    Serpentor.........all of 'em!

I am a fan of all of them though some less than others. I just got the Torpedo, CG, Armored CC, and Rock-n-Roll

These figures are all fantastic!! Torpedo is superb!! It looks like with wave 6 (?) they have upgraded the stands to include the Joes ranks and two pegs which makes them MUCH sturdier to display. Torpedo is just great.

Rock n Roll is awesome though his M60 is wickedly out of scale- it's more in line with an M2 .50cal than an M60- still though, the figure is great.

Armored CC is just fierce looking

CG is probably the best one though by a very slim margin- he comes with a SW revolver- I could easily pose mine with his assault rifle in one arm and the pistol in the other.

All in all- the weapons are fitting MUCH MUCH better, the articulation is still fantastic and the stands have improved- loving it!!! For those of you out there who may have been holding out, you may want to take the plunge as the QC team at Hasbro seems to have addressed all my complaints in spades.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    It looks like with wave 6 (?) they have upgraded the stands to include the Joes ranks and two pegs which makes them MUCH sturdier to display.
    Stalker and Breaker have the rank on their stands, as well. The two pegs are great, but I'd rather have seen the logos not be extruded.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Stalker and Breaker have the rank on their stands, as well. The two pegs are great, but I'd rather have seen the logos not be extruded.
    Hmmm. I have noticed that Stalker somewhere along the line got his rank thrown in with his codename so I assumed that was where they were going with that character- your right though. However, Torpedo's stand says "LT. Torpedo" and Rock's says "SSG Rock n roll"- to me there is a little difference there with the distinction of those characters versus guys like Stalker.

But yeah, perhaps they started making the change with Breaker- because he's always been just Breaker.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    It looks like with wave 6 (?) they have upgraded the stands to include the Joes ranks and two pegs which makes them MUCH sturdier to display.
    I don't think the ranks are an "upgrade" - aren't they used instead of the original name for copywrite purposes? Which is unfortunate...

I would have thought/preferred that "code name: so and so" would have been fine. I think the ranks take away from the "original" feeling.

I'm impressed with all of them, but to a lesser degree the repaints. Still, they have done well with them, mostly. Probably the one I'm impressed with most is Snake Eyes V1. BA CC too, except I don't physically own one yet so I'm going to reserve judgement. Looks awesome though. Ditto for the upcoming BAT, now that I think of it.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Firefly and especially Beach-Head... this is a well done figure with a lot going on!
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)