Midnight Chinese vs. Preprod - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Okay, this is an admin job I guess...so, bad children, bad. No desert tonight.

There, now you all go look at your slap on the wrists and think about what you've said.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Asian cuisine?? what haha. man, dont attack me...too many good threads get locked down, and i'm trying to not be hostile towards anyone.

As to "begging clarification and information" I admit, my initial post was a bit tongue in cheek as to "midnight chinese vs. preprod" I WAS, however, looking for clarification on what the board officially thought the definition of midnight chinese entailed. I now understand that its a bit of a touchy topic and that the decision will be subjective without a set of guidelines. fine. cool. i didnt know before. now i know...and knowing is hal...nevermind. end of discussion on board policy.

As to the "you spoke to hasbro!" comment:
    nope, never spoke with hasbro. You're right, i'm not aware of any of the repaints we've seen on ebay and other places even having ever been linked to hasbro. I was merely presuming that at least SOME of the things we've seen have been hasbro canceled products. But then again, you could speak with some of the other members who have spoken with hasbro about this topic. Maybe they have some insight as to some repainted figures that were indeed cancelled hasbro figures.

Then people started saying simply that midnight chinese joe products basically didnt exist. And I was clarifying that they DO indeed exist....while I know of a few things that have been made this way, I am not aware of all obviously, and cannot clearly differentiate between hasbro preproduction, and bootleg "midnight chinese"(for lack of a better word) besides the few things that I KNOW to be made without hasbro's knowledge. In fact, since the quality is basically the same, nobody really can.

Looking into figures such as the tf steel brigade, which enough evidence suggests was (from what i am hearing) a hasbro canceled mail away...to me, gives a little insight into the production process.

-saboteur

edit: what does this mean?
    "Thanks, while in previous rampant threads on other forums, I may have gone either way on the subject, from here on in, I'll definitely opt for the LATTER of the two."
    Last edited by cobrasaboteur; 02-28-2008 at 04:44 PM.

You know, I have always thought that "Midnight Chinese" was kind of a tongue twister. I feel that "02/04 CaT QC Figures" is much easier to say and I like it. Lets start using that for now on. Just my two cents.
    Love,
    Chris

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSON
    You know, I have always thought that "Midnight Chinese" was kind of a tongue twister. I feel that "02/04 CaT QC Figures" is much easier to say and I like it. Lets start using that for now on. Just my two cents.
    Love,
    Chris

^^ hahahahahha

-saboteur

How about calling them "Vendor Samples?" That is the term for them I am going to try to get to catch on.

Dan
    Last edited by dmooretoys; 02-28-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Quote Originally Posted by dmooretoys
    How about calling them "Vendor Samples?" That is the term for them I am going to try to get to catch on.

Dan
    Dan my only concern with something like that is, its fairly generic. If I'm looking specifically for those types, it'd be nice to have a phrase that specifically speaks to those figures from '02 - '04. By using the phrase vendor samples, you could mean anything from the line from '82 - present.

Tanner
    Last edited by GBPackRat; 02-28-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Seriously

Who Cares

We all call them Midnight Chinese and thats how its going to remain, Noone is going to tell us otherwise

"Vendor Samples" works for me. you'll never hear me call the the other thing again.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

lets call them

Midnight 02/04 CaT QC bootleg vendor chinese samples, or m02/04ctQbvcs for short... just a suggestion

I kinda like the term Midnight Chinese too. I know it implies certain things that are not true but it is catchy