Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    I didn't belive it until I saw it today. Wal-Mart now has higher G.I. Joe prices than Target.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i don't think it has anything to do with inflation - if that were the case, we'd be seeing it across the board. wal mart keeps its prices low by keeping commodities low to get you in the door, and then jacking up prices on certain items to compensate the difference, like most national discount retailers. i think we put a bullseye on our buddy joe by buying him up constantly.

i don't think its going to make too much of a difference. if i can't find a figure anywhere else, and they have it for $2 more, then i'm going to buy it from them before i go hunting on ebay.

however, its kind of a stick in the eye when you pay $7 for a figure at wal mart and then go to target and pay an extra $3 and get a vehicle too. $3 gi joe vehicles, who thought we'd see the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ridetofight
    i don't think it has anything to do with inflation - if that were the case, we'd be seeing it across the board. wal mart keeps its prices low by keeping commodities low to get you in the door, and then jacking up prices on certain items to compensate the difference, like most national discount retailers. i think we put a bullseye on our buddy joe by buying him up constantly.

i don't think its going to make too much of a difference. if i can't find a figure anywhere else, and they have it for $2 more, then i'm going to buy it from them before i go hunting on ebay.

however, its kind of a stick in the eye when you pay $7 for a figure at wal mart and then go to target and pay an extra $3 and get a vehicle too. $3 gi joe vehicles, who thought we'd see the day?
    I agree. If I ever see a Joe at Wal-Mart again, which I doubt, I'll buy it if I need it. I'm not about to quit the 25th line since it is kinda close to the end.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The price of Joes would have to come close to the bloated sticker price of McFarlane stuff before I'd even second guess buying them.

another thing thats funny is that the 2 packs are still the same price. and youd think with the raised prices they would atleast make sure the product is on the shelve instead of just changeing stickers on empy pegs all the time.

And i still say drill alaska and the gulf. And that wouldnt kill anything as long as it was done carefully. but heck i dont think anyone but the hippies would notice or care if the spotted owl went away. nature makes countless species extinct long before man came along and will long after we're gone.

thats why i say Pave the planet
    One peaple, One Planet, One slab of asphalt
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane

Quote Originally Posted by fireflys_apprentice
    another thing thats funny is that the 2 packs are still the same price. and youd think with the raised prices they would atleast make sure the product is on the shelve instead of just changeing stickers on empy pegs all the time.

And i still say drill alaska and the gulf. And that wouldnt kill anything as long as it was done carefully. but heck i dont think anyone but the hippies would notice or care if the spotted owl went away. nature makes countless species extinct long before man came along and will long after we're gone.

thats why i say Pave the planet
    One peaple, One Planet, One slab of asphalt
    The prophets of global warming.

I will have to check out my local WM's. Thats quite a jump. I stopped looking at my Wal Marts because none have had figures for months. The only place I have found figures lately is at a Kmart.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes
    I'm sure the price raised for a good reason. It most likely has something to do with the economic market (which sucks) and the fact that the dollar is like toilet paper at the moment. It's also possible that Hasbro just wasn't making enough off the figures, especially since they being produced in such low numbers and couldn't be found anywhere.

Other than that...maybe they're putting more work into them?

I'd like to think it's not just Hasbro bumping the price.

...but, 6-7 bucks ISN'T that bad...to me, at least. Inflation effects everything, people. Our milk is 5 bucks a gallon and chicken is 7 bucks a lb.
    But the thing is that milk and chicken are food items. You need food to survive. You don't need Joes. The comparison doesn't really work. I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but if milk were to go up to $100 a gallon and Joes only went up to $80 a figure, the milk would still be more important.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Angry

What chaps my rear is that Wal-Mart drove the toy-store chains out of business by undercutting their prices. Now that they are gone, they are raising their prices. (Albeit mostly on Joes...the only darn thing that I collect!)

It is probably only a matter of time before the other chains that are still sitting at $5.99 realize that they have raised the price, and adjust accordlingly. (I bet we are paying $6.99 before the end of the year.-THANKS WAL-MART )

Quote Originally Posted by Weems
    What chaps my rear is that Wal-Mart drove the toy-store chains out of business by undercutting their prices. Now that they are gone, they are raising their prices. (Albeit mostly on Joes...the only darn thing that I collect!)

It is probably only a matter of time before the other chains that are still sitting at $5.99 realize that they have raised the price, and adjust accordlingly. (I bet we are paying $6.99 before the end of the year.-THANKS WAL-MART )
    Yeah, but that is Wal-Mart's strategy with everything, not just toys. That's why there has been such an uproar about them over the past ten years, but nobody wants to pay any attention. Now it's pretty much too late.

It's the same thing with buying foreign cars too. Everybody buys foreign cars, then grumbles about the loss of American jobs. It amazes me that they don't see the link between the two.
    Last edited by stad; 04-05-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!