Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 11

yojoe.com

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stad
    Yeah, but that is Wal-Mart's strategy with everything, not just toys. That's why there has been such an uproar about them over the past ten years, but nobody wants to pay any attention. Now it's pretty much too late.
    It's funny, I rarely even go to Wal-Mart in the first place. When I do, it's only to look for Joes which, as I've indicated before, I'll stop doing. Sometimes I'll think about going in there, but then I think of all the hassle, from waiting in line to finding a parking space to trying to get around the people who have virtually camped out in the aisles, and I just decide to go to Target, K-Mart, or TRU instead. I even get mild anxiety attacks when I realize I might have to go into Wal-Mart. So, maybe this price increase is a blessing in disguise...
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    It's funny, I rarely even go to Wal-Mart in the first place. When I do, it's only to look for Joes which, as I've indicated before, I'll stop doing. Sometimes I'll think about going in there, but then I think of all the hassle, from waiting in line to finding a parking space to trying to get around the people who have virtually camped out in the aisles, and I just decide to go to Target, K-Mart, or TRU instead. I even get mild anxiety attacks when I realize I might have to go into Wal-Mart. So, maybe this price increase is a blessing in disguise...
    Sam
    I would consult a physician about those anxiety attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes
    I would consult a physician about those anxiety attacks.
    Yeah, but I only get them when going to Wal-Mart, so I figure I can cure myself and just not go to Wal-Mart.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

$6.84 at my local Wal Mart.
    Here's a link to my collection http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=104 Check out my GI Joe Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/truetroutttone Check out Joelanta 2010 http://www.joelanta.com My Want List http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=71936
    Currently cataloging my Collection at http://www.collector-actionfigures.com

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    It's the same thing with buying foreign cars too. Everybody buys foreign cars, then grumbles about the loss of American jobs. It amazes me that they don't see the link between the two.
    Or the "I want such and such for only $X.XX" and then they are shocked when the company that makes said items shifts production to China to "meet the cost demands of the consumer market." Doesn't make them think a bit that their own *****ing lost their jobs.
    --Dave

Stuff I'm Selling:
    Check it out here:
    http://shop.ebay.com/japanese-toys-n-books/m.html

Stuff I'm looking for: Tiger Force boxed items, send me your lists. REALLY want non-U.S. boxed vehicles and file cards.

Dang-they raised it my way too...$6.84
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Hasbro is the one that raised the price to everyone so I would not be surprised to see all stores raising their prices very soon. The ironic part of this is that Walmart may eventually still be the cheapest place to get them.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Regarding Wal-Mart and anxiety, do any of you experience extraordinarily rude customers in your Wal-Marts? Around here, and particularly near New Orleans, the customers will bump into you, essentially push you out of the way, etc. They don't respect personal space, and don't seem to respect you, other customers, themselves, or anyone else, for that matter (the people working there sometimes act the same way, but not always. . .). It is quite a depressing experience going in there.

Now, I don't completely blame these people. Most are poor (poorer than me, even!) and probably have miserable day jobs. But that, in conjunction with the unsavory hiring practices at Wal-Mart (anti-Union videos, little to no benefits for workers, bare minimum wage being paid, etc.) and their practice of importing the vast bulk of what they sell from China and making U.S. companies bid for who will sell Wal-Mart their stuff for the lowest possible cost. . .makes me not want to go to the Wal-Marts very much. It is the truly dark side of capitalism, and it is a soulless place.

But, they do have just about everything you need, and I can't afford Whole Foods Market like all the yuppies and old farts around here. So, I must suffer, and lose a bit of my remaining soul and self respect a little more each time I buy my french bread or deodorant at the Wal-Mart

I havent bought one from Wally in about 3 weeks but they were $4.88 and then they went up to $5.12 I don't know if they went up any more but I thought that was darn cheap and I always got the good Joes there.

what i cant stand are the peaple who stand in isles and chat with other customers,blocking the isles and being very annoying,and as for the wages,youd be suprised,no min wage becouse lets face it no one works for min wage. and the bennifits aint bad either. but it aint all roses u do get worked like a dog and treated just as bad
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane