Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 12

yojoe.com

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mine are $6.84 now...that's crazy to think its gone up $2 in such a short amount of time.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Hike on Basic Figures at Wal-Mart

I don't know if this is an isolated occurrence, but I went to my local Wal-Mart yesterday, and the price of the single-carded figures has been jacked up to almost 7 dollars. I also noticed that the single-card figures on hasbrotoyshop.com are now 6.99. Has Hasbro raised the retail price for the basic figures?
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Yes they have. Both Hasbro and Walmart.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks like it's only 25th Joes on single cards getting the bump up to a higher cost. I have been checking and there doesn't seem to be much of anything esle going up. So that really makes me wonder...why? If it were materials costs, then wouldn't other liens be affected? Like Star Wars? Marvel legends? Both that also have fees Hasbro has to ajust for already. What about Transformers? More put into those than most toys at equal price-points. I just hope it's not cause they sell well.
    --Dave

Stuff I'm Selling:
    Check it out here:
    http://shop.ebay.com/japanese-toys-n-books/m.html

Stuff I'm looking for: Tiger Force boxed items, send me your lists. REALLY want non-U.S. boxed vehicles and file cards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler
    ...I also noticed that the single-card figures on hasbrotoyshop.com are now 6.99. Has Hasbro raised the retail price for the basic figures?
    Well the older figures used to be still $5.99 on HTS. I guess they finally updated those to the new price.
    It is rather disturbing that they are the same price as Star Wars figures. Those have Lucasarts licensing to repay. I stopped collecting those when their price went up. I'm pretty sure I won't be buying most of the single Joes without some sort of sale/discount now.
    Last edited by Goldbug; 04-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.

My local WM's are actually charging a bit more for Joes than SW. Without having to pay someone like Lucasfilm, I don't know how or why this is happening. Maybe WM based it not only on the 25% raise in cost but also because you can't keep them on the hooks - supply and demand 101.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Maybe WM based it not only on the 25% raise in cost but also because you can't keep them on the hooks - supply and demand 101.
    That is my guess. First off, the cost of production wouldn't go up $2 extra per figure in the span of a few months. Further, with the multi-packs (comic packs, TRU 3 packs, and TRU 5 packs) and Target exclusives, you are getting a much better deal in relation to the single-packs. If it were the cost of materials alone, we wouldn't be seeing these relatively good deals. Up until recently, they have been literally flying off the shelves at the Wal-Marts that I frequent.

Despite the official announcement by Hasbro, Target has yet to raise their price the single carded figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    My local WM's are actually charging a bit more for Joes than SW. Without having to pay someone like Lucasfilm, I don't know how or why this is happening. Maybe WM based it not only on the 25% raise in cost but also because you can't keep them on the hooks - supply and demand 101.
    Well they sure cut the demand by raising prices. I just came back from WalMart. They had 6 pegs each fully filled with 15+ figures stacked on them. The assortment was IG Destro, Snow Job, Torpedo, Air Trooper, Rock N Roll, Trooper, & CG. It also doesn't help that they are situated next to the Corps figures which are $3 for 2 figures.
    Meijer had nothing. KMart had 1 Shipwreck & 1 Air Trooper + 1 Cobra & Joe 5 pack.
    Target only had 2 Buzzers. I'm afraid that when these stores restock they will also raise the price to $6.99.

I'll slip on my $400 loafers to assume the position of Corporate Apologist, but I can't blame Bro and Gall-Mart for raising the prices. Bro for sure had to lose money on the 2" Sigma Sux line and Gall-Mart, well, they're Gall-Mart, they can do whatever they want. They can get some wackos to hijack a plane and crash it into the Hollywood sign--they're still Gall-Mart.

I think in my Joe-Verse I'm going to make up a fictional Walton heir who is a sleeper Crimson Guard agent who bumps off the rest of them like an episode of "I, Claudius" and sets out to totally destroy the American economy, making the White trash rabble (like moi) totally dependent on Wal-Mart (and COBRA!).

Eww...my 666th post!!! DAMIANDEVILCHILDDAMIANDEVILCHILDDAMIANDEVILCHILD, uh...excuse me.
    Last edited by Reptilian Popinjay; 04-17-2008 at 11:44 PM.