Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Same in Oklahoma, BUT the local WM had one of each of wave 6 in finally. Plus the Wii points cards bundled with the Classic Controller glove is clearanced to $12.00 at this store (the card by itself averages $19.99).

+-MWG-+

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My local wal mart finally has joes on the pegs as well. They're more expensive then before, but there are also more pegs reserved for them. It was all wave 4, but there was quite a bit of it. In the past there was only 3 pegs reserved for joes (and always empty), but now its been increased to 4. It was great to see joes on the pegs again. The only one I picked up was the lone air trooper since I already had the rest. Since my whole collection is opened for display purposes I may go back in the next day or so and if there are any left start picking up a few of my favorites and start collecting them moc. When I saw all those joes I was a little optomistic in hoping that wave 6 might be among them and was a little bummed that there were no comic packs, but I'm more then willing to wait for them.

An odd thing about my wal mart is I've run into a ton of star wars collectors in the toy isle before (almost always women or parents who were obviously collectors themselves getting something for their kids), but it seems like they havn't updated they're star wars stuff in like 2 months. Besides the wrestling figures (which take up almost half an isle) I'm pretty sure Star Wars is there most popular toy line. I'm not really into the line itself, but I keep looking for that R2D2 with the flames for the air troopers, and in doing so have met some really nice collectors. My favorite experience was a month or so ao when a I ran into a young attractive couple arguing over what figure to get for thier son (who was a sleeping infant barely 6 month old who clearly couldn't have cared less). When they saw me the mom started to get embarassed. I told her not to feel bad since I was an adult without kids who makes frequent trips to the toy isle and in fact its always my first stop. We had a laugh, and the dad told me that the two of them had been collecting star wars figures for themselves for almost 6 years, but there sons collection was already bigger then both of theres combined. Now thats parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.
    My favorite experience was a month or so ao when a I ran into a young attractive couple arguing over what figure to get for thier son (who was a sleeping infant barely 6 month old who clearly couldn't have cared less). When they saw me the mom started to get embarassed. I told her not to feel bad since I was an adult without kids who makes frequent trips to the toy isle and in fact its always my first stop. We had a laugh, and the dad told me that the two of them had been collecting star wars figures for themselves for almost 6 years, but there sons collection was already bigger then both of theres combined. Now thats parenting.
    That sounds like one of my shopping experiences. My gf always fights with me over which figures I get. She's definately a COBRA. She hates Duke's square jaw, haha.

I haven't noticed a price change in Joes here in Kentucky, but I also haven't been seeing anything other then wave 4, and wave 6 at Target. The new wave 7 and new comic packs are nowhere to be found.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well Walmart still way cheaper than Target with this new price.

If I shopped at Walmart for Joes than maybe this would affect me but is too far and is the pegs are always empty so I don't bother with them.

Hasbro said in the Press Release at Toy Fair, prices were gonna go up, so I'm sure WM won't be the only retailer increasing prices. Yesterday, they were 4.88 and today 5.44, no new fig's though.

The price bump doesn't really bother me at all. just hoping that I can find them more easily. Target charges more than that anyway. Also, funny thing I've noticed, Target has them more often, but Walmart seems to be where I find the ones I really want most. I got All of the first wave from there. Also the Only place I've seen wave 2 comic packs ever. And I'm still a little in awe at the time I got 3 Seigies at once (even though there was nothing else from Wv.5)

That's just Wal-Marts way, we've all seen it before. They get us hooked, than up the price. They'll bump it up again in 6 months or a year.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Dreadnoks 4 Life!: http://dreadnoks4life.freeforums.net/

Prices in southern Illinois for a carded figure:

Wal-Mart $4.88
    Target $5.99
    Toys R Us $6.99
    Go Salukis!!!
    Go NY Rangers!!!

Here in Rome, Ga Walmart went up to 5.44, but thats still better that 6.99 at the local TRU.

Still $4.88 at the Oklahoma Wal-Marts along Hwy 75. I haven't had a chance to check Louisville since getting back.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."