Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    That sucks cheese through a straw. Haven't been to Wally World in a while, but if that's the case around here as well, I'm definitely not buying anymore 25A stuff.
    Sam
    Seriously? Oh...this is an April fool's post, huh.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

if u mean the price change,i wish,i was there when the toy manager changed the prices. she knew i wouldnt be happy and told me herself,since I work there and Joes are one thing I dont joke about.
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane

Quote Originally Posted by fireflys_apprentice
    i aint buying.
    That's pretty much what I've decided to do. The only bad part is that what you and I refuse, thousands of others are willing to accept. What's more, we'll pay it anyway. So Wal-Mart gets what they want. Since the beginning of the line, I've only been buying what I want; somehow I've ended up with a dozen figures I don't want. In my case, I've bought figures I don't want, like Red Ninja and Devil's Due Serpentor, because there's nothing else to buy. I passed on both several times, but bought them in the end because I wanted to leave Wal-Mart and go home and open a new toy of a character I didn't have. I have 2 Snake Eyes figures. I might get the third, but I won't buy that 3rd scupt just because he has a special back pack or a green visor. So, price really only becomes an issue when you're asked to buy the same crap at a higher price.

By the way, Wal-Mart is "A" devil.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fireflys_apprentice
    if u mean the price change,i wish,i was there when the toy manager changed the prices. she knew i wouldnt be happy and told me herself,since I work there and Joes are one thing I dont joke about.
    Ok. You are really going to stop buying because of one dollar? The only way I've been able to keep up with the 25th collection is by going to the local Scalper's convention and paying between 8-12 dollars for singles.

I was able to find the Target exclusive vehicles only by calling 14 different Targets, and driving to the one that had them...Twenty-two miles away.

Guess I really can't understand quitting over a dollar, considering the cost of driving to Wal-Mart in the first place, and those other 2 factors.

I WISH this was an April Fool's post. Unfortunately, though, I just found this out myself this morning when I went to a Walmart full of empty pegs for Joes and they were all marked $6.88. Did the prices rise at other stores, or just Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilKing
    What's more, we'll pay it anyway.
    Those four words are why I think collectable toys are so high priced in the first place. Gas and oil prices aside. Geeks will SHELL OUT $$$ for their stuff and the people that make them know it.

As for the WM price hike, no suprise at all. Already cut my comic buying in half and cut way down on action figures. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    Ok. You are really going to stop buying because of one dollar? The only way I've been able to keep up with the 25th collection is by going to the local Scalper's convention and paying between 8-12 dollars for singles.

I was able to find the Target exclusive vehicles only by calling 14 different Targets, and driving to the one that had them...Twenty-two miles away.

Guess I really can't understand quitting over a dollar, considering the cost of driving to Wal-Mart in the first place, and those other 2 factors.
    That one dollar adds up quick. Think about it. If the figure is $5.00 and I buy ten, I've just spent $50.00. But if it jumps to $6.00 per figure and I buy ten, my price just went up ten bucks. That ten bucks at the old price could have been two more figures.
    I have refused to pay Ebay scalper prices and I don't have to drive very far in my area to find a Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU. In fact, I have about three of each within ten miles of my home. But even if I had to drive farhter, I'd still be spending ten bucks more on top of everything else. I have a wife to take care of, and she's much more important than a bunch of plastic figures.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    That one dollar adds up quick. Think about it. If the figure is $5.00 and I buy ten, I've just spent $50.00. But if it jumps to $6.00 per figure and I buy ten, my price just went up ten bucks. That ten bucks at the old price could have been two more figures.
    I have refused to pay Ebay scalper prices and I don't have to drive very far in my area to find a Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU. In fact, I have about three of each within ten miles of my home. But even if I had to drive farhter, I'd still be spending ten bucks more on top of everything else. I have a wife to take care of, and she's much more important than a bunch of plastic figures.
    Sam
    Yes, but lets say a round trip of 20 miles takes 1 gallon of gas. (If you're lucky) You're spending 3.80 just on gas. (In California). Every time you drive your car, you are really spending about 3 times that amount on maintenance. So now that total cost is $11.40. Imagine doing this and finding absolutely nothing. (It happens.)

Getting 10 figures at the new price is now just like <edit>an extra trip of</edit> driving out and finding absolutely nothing. Ten bucks is a Marvel Legends figure. Or a lunch at a drive thru...:P

So...I dunno. Maybe call ahead or something.
    Last edited by Jbluez; 04-01-2008 at 10:58 PM.

The hikes are inevitable and more now due to the economy not doing so well!

I don't see any problems with the price. I mean it could be $9.99 a figure or $7.99 like Star Wars (I think that is what they were). The demand for the figures has pushed the price up too.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!