Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Glad I have preorders for the next 2 waves. Seems like it'll save me money sticking with online retailers.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    The hikes are inevitable and more now due to the economy not doing so well!
    Inflation and weak dollars suck. I wanna pay 12 cents for my comic books

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflys_apprentice
    ...screw the tree huggers lets start drilling alaska,i didnt care when the gas went up,but messing with my Joes is going to far.
    Yes! Lets kill something so I can save a $1.36 on plastic crap! Who's with me?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deezoolander
    Glad I have preorders for the next 2 waves. Seems like it'll save me money sticking with online retailers.
    And that is something a good many fans don't seem to grasp. As far as I can tell, the wholesale price on the line hasn't gone up, Walmart is the ONLY store thus far to have done this.

Entertainment Earth and BBTS still have cases of figures on preorder for $50 (there abouts), add another $10 on shipping, and you are paying roughly $60 for eight GI Joe figures.

At Walmart's current $6.84 price, each figure comes to $7.39 (depending on tax in your area). That makes the cost of eight figures to just about $60 in my area.

And with the shoddy distribution of the line thus far, paying a little more online looks mighty attractive when you live in an area like mine which only has thee mighty Walmart for toys.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    HTS has the "coming soon" Torpedo priced at $6.99. The others still say $5.99. I doubt its a typo, and most likely a sign of things to come. If anybody expects online etailers to keep their current prices you're probably going to be disapointed.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Im affraid to stop by my TRU and check the prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbluez
    Yes, but lets say a round trip of 20 miles takes 1 gallon of gas. (If you're lucky) You're spending 3.80 just on gas. (In California). Every time you drive your car, you are really spending about 3 times that amount on maintenance. So now that total cost is $11.40. Imagine doing this and finding absolutely nothing. (It happens.)

Getting 10 figures at the new price is now just like <edit>an extra trip of</edit> driving out and finding absolutely nothing. Ten bucks is a Marvel Legends figure. Or a lunch at a drive thru...:P

So...I dunno. Maybe call ahead or something.
    Sure, but I aleady only go when I have to go to the store for something else. But even using your example, if I do happen to find something I'm still spending more than I would have before the price hike.
    Oh well, with the shoddy distribution that they have anyway (two of the TRUs around me don't even have a permanent spot for them, they just make up a spot as they get product in) coupled with the rising prices, I think my days of collecting the 25th figures are coming to an end. I'll just collect the older stuff now; at least it's readily available.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    Yes! Lets kill something so I can save a $1.36 on plastic crap! Who's with me?

I don't believe anyone mentioned killing anything. There is no need for such theatrics. Personally, I think if the Alaskans in general are for drilling in their state (they are), we shouldn't assume we know better and impose our beliefs on them.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

It doesn't make sense that they are raising the prices for the single figures while the comic packs remain the same. Through the comic packs and exclusive packs I am paying less than $6 for each figure. Wouldn't it be logical to have the singles at a cheaper price?
    Current Want list in MISB: Attack Chopper (Camo), and Battle in a Box (Costco).

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    I don't believe anyone mentioned killing anything. There is no need for such theatrics. Personally, I think if the Alaskans in general are for drilling in their state (they are), we shouldn't assume we know better and impose our beliefs on them.
    Does anyone on this site have a sense of humor? Jeeeeesh.....

Where's Erick? I know he likes to laugh.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 04-02-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    I'M A MAC

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS