Wal-Mart Raises The Price Of 25th Figures! - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    At least the line is selling well. And thank God I went crazy and got too many Viper Pit sets at TRU, so I only want three Vipers.

All of the local stores here are tapped out. Hopefully plenty of room for the next wave(s).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yeah checked my wal mart its 6.84 they are higher than kmart wow! i never seen that coming.

Doesn't matter much to me. Wal-Mart is still the cheapest in town by 15 cents. I've only found one wave at Wal-Mart anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Goldbug
    It's $1.40. Yes it does add up fast nowadays.
    Actually, Wal-Mart just raised their price from $4.88 a couple weeks ago, so that makes it almost a $2 per figure increase within a month. Target, TRU, and K-Mart are now cheaper, at $5.99.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

I honestly don't see why this is a big deal. Used to be, the figures were $4.88 at Walmart (which I thought was a steal), and $5.99 at Target. Obviously I preferred paying the Walmart price, but that didn't stop me from shopping at Target. Likewise, if it's five or six bucks now at Walmart, it won't stop me from shopping there. If I'm in a store that has a figure that I want... I'll buy it. If I don't, someone else will. Do you honestly think a price difference like that makes such a huge difference that you'll let someone else buy a figure that you want?

If so, where do you live?
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    I honestly don't see why this is a big deal. Used to be, the figures were $4.88 at Walmart (which I thought was a steal), and $5.99 at Target. Obviously I preferred paying the Walmart price, but that didn't stop me from shopping at Target. Likewise, if it's five or six bucks now at Walmart, it won't stop me from shopping there. If I'm in a store that has a figure that I want... I'll buy it. If I don't, someone else will. Do you honestly think a price difference like that makes such a huge difference that you'll let someone else buy a figure that you want?

Yes, I live near Chicago. $6.84 is at my Walmart. Star Wars figures are $6.63 @ Walmart & $6.64 @ Target.
    K-Mart, Target, TRU, & Meijer have them for $5.99. That's where I'll be getting mine. It is a big deal because over the span of 2 months they have increased almost $2. When something rises that fast in price people will notice. Right now none of my Walmarts have anything in stock anyway. I'm sure when the next few cases come in they will sit there for quite a while now.

Wink yea that sucks!

I saw that too and was mind boggled! but I find a better selection at WM than I do at Toys r Us!thats for sure!

Talking I know Iknow

Even If they went up to fifty bucks a pop Id still get the darn things Id be broke but HAPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity

I live in Virginia Beach and I definitely will. This was the main reason I stopped collecting Star Wars. Back when POTF came out, they originally cost roughly $4.50. Then Episode I came out and they jumped to almost $7.00, so I quit buying them. They can kiss a rather large part of my person if they think I'm going to continue to pay insane price increases.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

I'm sure the price raised for a good reason. It most likely has something to do with the economic market (which sucks) and the fact that the dollar is like toilet paper at the moment. It's also possible that Hasbro just wasn't making enough off the figures, especially since they being produced in such low numbers and couldn't be found anywhere.

Other than that...maybe they're putting more work into them?

I'd like to think it's not just Hasbro bumping the price.

...but, 6-7 bucks ISN'T that bad...to me, at least. Inflation effects everything, people. Our milk is 5 bucks a gallon and chicken is 7 bucks a lb.