On the topic of "Legitimate criticism"...

yojoe.com

Just one question - what if someone has a ligitimate complaint? Not "AFA sucks" or whatever, but say they screwed someone's order up, or something like that?
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That would be fine, as long as it is specific, relevant, & legitimate. The point of this forum is to have a place to discuss carded/boxed Joes, graded or otherwise. It is meant to be a sort of haven from the regular "I don't like it and if you do you're wrong..." posts that seem to show up in all the threads related to those subjects. If you don't like it, fine, there is no reason you even have to look at this forum. If carded or graded Joes are what you like to collect, please post all you like here. If there is a specific AFA issue that you are upset about or disappointed in then post about it, but general bellyaching does not belong here.

Uh what?

Part of MOC collecting is AFA. So there should be a thread , at least 1, dedicated to opposing view of AFA. Having a MOC area and no AFA discussion against is strange.

Is there a "financial link" between AFA and the Message boards that is dictating this?

i'm usually pro AFA. Just coming out and saying No Afa Bashing is strange/ludricious/non-realistic/suspicious.
    Last edited by AlternateUniverse Steeler; 02-28-2008 at 10:25 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    Uh what?

Part of MOC collecting is AFA. So there should be a thread , at least 1, dedicated to opposing view of AFA. Having a MOC area and no AFA discussion against is strange.

Is there a "financial link" between AFA and the Message boards that is dictating this?

i'm usually pro AFA. Just coming out and saying No Afa Bashing is strange/lubricious/non-realistic/suscipious.
    I WISH there were a financial link, but no. There has been heavy discussion of this particular request, I nearly quit the staff because I was tired of closing down suddenly-trolled threads, nearly all of them starting as an innocent AFA question and degenerating into a "you're stupid" contest.
    Those words were very rarely used, of course, but the contempt has been unreal. And that's NOT what the site is about. No, it's about grown men who own lots of 3-3/4" (or 8" or 12" or whatever the heck scale Extreme was)action figures.

Many of the higher profile MISB-MOC collectors that used to bring a great deal to the plate here have moved on simply because every time AFA was brought up and they even loosely defended it, some "loose RULEZ!" fan or "AFA sucks!" proponent got in their grill.

I'm no AFA fan, but there is a legitimate way to state my opposing view without calling other people's opinions idiotic. And legitimate, non-hostile opposition is healthy. All-out bashing is not. That's more what this rule is intended to forestall.

Maybe limit to 1 anti Afa thread that must be legitimate reasons.

I have a bunch of AFA stuff and have had "issues" wit them in the past.
    A constructive "not happy with AFA" Thread would be helpful.

Well, whenever there is an AFA thread, the people who have AFA stuff have to spend more time trying to defend themselves rather than showing off their cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    Maybe limit to 1 anti Afa thread that must be legitimate reasons.

I have a bunch of AFA stuff and have had "issues" wit them in the past.
    A constructive "not happy with AFA" Thread would be helpful.
    Okay, I'm going to step in here.

No.

Why should we make a special thread just so people can complain and say negative things about a company and other people? Look, we know the opinions of people who dislike AFA - I'm no big fan myself but I think that if people want to collect graded and sealed items, so they can feel comfortable about a purchase, then more power to them and to the company.

It is just asking for trouble and to ruin people's good time. I'm not going to allow some kind of self-destructive time bomb all in the of "conversation" and "discussion" - this is a site free of harassment and intimidation and by allowing what is basically an "us vs. them" thread - forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    Okay, I'm going to step in here.

No.

Why should we make a special thread just so people can complain and say negative things about a company and other people? Look, we know the opinions of people who dislike AFA - I'm no big fan myself but I think that if people want to collect graded and sealed items, so they can feel comfortable about a purchase, then more power to them and to the company.

It is just asking for trouble and to ruin people's good time. I'm not going to allow some kind of self-destructive time bomb all in the of "conversation" and "discussion" - this is a site free of harassment and intimidation and by allowing what is basically an "us vs. them" thread - forget it.
    the way you guys are putting it sounds more heavy handed than fair. Just my opinion but if you are going to state it that way than get rid of all negative statements like anti 25th, anti vintage, anti moc, and anti sigma six and have a rosey tea party of positive love.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by AlternateUniverse Steeler; 02-29-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Just as Terry mentioned, a single anti-AFA or bashing thread won't be allowed. Constructive discussuion and legitimate concerns are allowed, just be sure to show respect for the rest of the board. It really isn't all that hard. If you really can't make a post about AFA without being derogatory and abusive, don't post it here.

However, if you're anti-Tea parties, please don't bother posting at all.
    Last edited by KrymsynGardImmoral; 02-29-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

I once sent a figure to AFA to get graded that i bought case fresh from the store and they said it was "resealed". Which is impossible in this case as i unloaded the truck and put the case of figures on the pegs and thats how i Know it was not a reseal.