Site Volunteers Needed - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AmbroseKalifornia - email them to submissions@yojoe.com

The better quality you can take the better. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    We're looking over applicant requests as well as posting history. If anyone else would like their name thrown into the hat, sent a mod/admin a message.
    Cool. Well, is there anything else you'd like us to provide? I don't want to sound too much like an interviewee, but hey whatever helps the site.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Cool. Well, is there anything else you'd like us to provide? I don't want to sound too much like an interviewee, but hey whatever helps the site.
    Yeah. I was wondering if you needed anything else, too. Also what color tie should I wear?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by willie&joe
    Yeah. I was wondering if you needed anything else, too. Also what color tie should I wear?
    on that note is there casual fridays?

Lightbulb Vision and Dental?

Where can I find/download the Yo Joe background paper as seen in the newer pics? I like to try to keep uniformity. Anyone know if walmart carries LED lamps for better lighting? Or do I have to -*gasp*- open the blinds!?

The light! It burns!
    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678

Here's that background.

Walmart sells a small lighting booth, I think it's labeled as being for ebay pics, whatever. Office Max also sells something similar. I haven't tried either, but the Office Max lighting does look a little better. I think they are both in the $30-$50 range. If you want something quite a bit cheaper, a couple lamps with "daylight" bulbs will work almost as good. These bulbs are <$5 each and you probably have a couple lamps already anyway.

I would very much like to help out. I don't have any knowledge of HTML, but I do have a nice digital camera. I spend a lot of time on here reading? If you need another annoyance handler or something of that nature?

Also, if Deadshot ever gets bored calculating the good trader section, I would be willing to take that over.

LMK, what I could do to help!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

Just a point to make here - you don't have to be on staff to take pictures! If you see something that should be on the site that isn't, by all means, send it in! This site thrives on user-submitted content. Without it, updates become sporadic, usually when staffers themselves find items.

Got pictures? send them to submissions@yojoe.com!

For a typical action figure, we need the following images:
    carded front
    carded back
    filecard
    loose, no accessories front
    loose, no accessories back
    shots of each accessory
    an all geared up shot (or more, if special features dictate it)

If you can't edit thos photos once taken, that's alright, we all have access to programs that can. If you bundle up some of the photos above (i.e., all the accessories are in one picture that we can crop apart into what we need), that's fine as well.

We add photographers to staff when their contributions go above and beyond the regular submissions, and on a regular basis. In this case, Chad, who provides us with the remastered vehicle images, was brought aboard because he could provide such high quality images and in such abundance that the need to keep in contact with him necessitated his joining us.

But remember, any submissions are appreciated, just remember to tell us how you want to be credited!

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We've gotten a lot of responses that we're sorting through.

Just an update for everyone.

I wanted to publicly welcome and introduce Jason Krause/WildWeasel to the YoJoe Staff!

Jason is a seasoned and expert web developer with an impressive porfolio and YoJoe is eager and excited to welcome him to the team.

We are still contacting people regarding other positions on-staff, but I wanted to personally thank everyone who has submitted an offer.

And we are also looking to add a couple of staff-writers/editors to the site, so if you have that journalistic bug and can take good photos, let me know!
    Last edited by RedClaw; 03-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.