Fake MOC Explosion Back Cobra Commander - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad to see the seller did the right thing and cancelled the auction.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thehigherstandard
    Glad to see the seller did the right thing and cancelled the auction.
    Well done!
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thehigherstandard
    This is one of my customs. I am 100% sure. I'm not going to state why I know but, trust me, it is.

However, I did not sell any customs to this seller. Idiot...

I sent the seller this question so maybe he'll end the auction:

This item is a custom, not authentic. How do I know? I made it. I'm 100% sure so you should end this auction right away and tell the consignor to come pick up his/her stuff as he's a scammer. Please do the right thing.
    Hey man, thats really cool that you can do that.. I might be interested in one of your replicas.. but firstly, here's a question..

Is the figure in the bubble authentic.. or custom? And are the accessories authentic? ..AND lastly, ..do you use original full cardbacks and just reproduce the bubble and have it placed on the full card?

lmk.. thanks in advance!

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Have you ever thought of writing replica on the front somewhere small. Maybe on the side or somewhere not really noticeable.In a very small print or something. If someone only shows the front and are not aware of the hang tags they are going to think its real.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunt4
    Have you ever thought of writing replica on the front somewhere small. Maybe on the side or somewhere not really noticeable.In a very small print or something. If someone only shows the front and are not aware of the hang tags they are going to think its real.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this, thunt4!

I applaud thehigherstandard for getting involved with this and letting the seller know this was one of this customs.

But had he not been around or didn't see the auction, it could've been a much different story.

Adding a simple/noticeable word like "Replica" or "Reproduction" somewhere really would be perfect. That way, unscrupulous sellers can't take take advantage of thehigherstandard's work, and dupe unknowing buyers.

Doing this would truly make these THE higher standard of custom carded figures!

What do you say, thehigherstandard?

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

But he DID add the word Replica on the card, the seller covered it up. It's under the pricetag the auction seller placed on the back. If you follow the link to the other forums where he posted his example, you can clearly see, and he points out himsef, where he places the word Replica on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-Loyalist
    Hey man, thats really cool that you can do that.. I might be interested in one of your replicas.. but firstly, here's a question..

Is the figure in the bubble authentic.. or custom? And are the accessories authentic? ..AND lastly, ..do you use original full cardbacks and just reproduce the bubble and have it placed on the full card?

lmk.. thanks in advance!

- CL
    I can answer those questions.

The figures and accessories are authentic. The cardbacks are reproductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Racer
    I can answer those questions.

The figures and accessories are authentic. The cardbacks are reproductions.
    Yep! What he said.

Ya thats all fine and good but if they only show the front of the card on a normal moc figure other than the hang tag you won't know the difference. I think its cool and a much cheaper way but you know this is going to be an issue.A good 75% of moc joes on ebay just show the front of the card so you get a scammer with low feedback selling off 10 of them and they arrive at your house then you see the word replica on the back. Just pointing out worse case scenario which will happen as more of these pop up. I think its cool that the maker of them pointed it out to the seller but a simple word on the front wouldn't have hurt either.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!