Special Mission Brazil MIB Questions

yojoe.com

Special Mission Brazil MIB Questions

So I recently picked up a "MISB" Special Mission Brazil set.

Like 75% of the boxed stuff out there, it was a reseal. I'll probably try to return it to the seller who I presume "had no idea."

Anyway, before I return it, I'm curious about something. This is my first SMB set, and I wanted to know if this was legit. The rear row of figures is stapled to something or has something stapled to it:

http://www.photodump.com/bigjohnwoo/...aple1.jpg.html
    http://www.photodump.com/bigjohnwoo/...aple2.jpg.html

I've never seen "staples" used in any packaging or inserts. It seemed odd. Is this normal or more restoration of some kind by the seller?

If he refuses a return, I'll open it and investigate myself. But until then, I don't want to break the tape seals, even if they're reglued.
    Last edited by bigjohnwoo; 02-25-2009 at 10:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just checked mine and it's got staples too. Must be a production thing.

Hmm I am pretty sure mine doesn't have staples. I know for a fact the one I sold didn't because the glue was coming up and staples would have held it down.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

how much did you pay for it?? the last few i saw on ebay seemed to go pretty cheap. You might actually make more money than you actually paid for it by piecing the figures out and selling them as misbubble. After all, you never see these figures sold mib individually.

-saboteur

I just find it hard to believe that his would have staples in the exact same spots with the exact same orientation as mine. I feel like these came with staples in those spots.

Could be a production change midway through. Its not like the first time that has happened. The only bad thing about piecing them out is you would have to cut them. They came on the rows glued down.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

And the file cards are printed on the back of the insert they are on... thus making them Red Backs in a package. The files also don't match to where they are on the cards, so cutting them won't necessarily be a good idea.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.