Need Some Advice On Selling.

yojoe.com

Need Some Advice On Selling.

I'm a long time collector, going on 15 years or so in the collectables game and I think my time has come to thin my collection out and call it a day.

My wife and I have been discussing having a child and the fire I once felt during the hunt or even from opening my boxes from eBay has faded away.

I have roughly about 200 GI Joe figures and plan to keep perhaps 50-60 of those figures. The majority of my collection (90-95%) are high grade (9.5-9.8.)

Thing I'm worried about is some of these figures in grades this high are valued above what they are worth, if you know what I mean. I know that most likely I will be taking a loss when I sell, getting 75% of my investment back is something I've come to terms with.

There is always a minority who take your prices as a personal attack and get offended when they see a figure priced above what they consider reasonable.

My question is should I offer these to the board first and disregard those that would take offense or take my figures straight to eBay?

Stormviper (aka evilspyderr)
    Last edited by Stormviper; 03-14-2008 at 02:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd say post them here first and disregard what others say, I think everyone (or at least the majority) here knows what something is worth and as long as you ask fair prices, you should be all good
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I'd say post here first with prices you think is fair to you. See what happens and if you don't receive offers then take it to ebay. No harm in that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements