the original comics...

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the original comics...

so there was 155 issues right ? i know years later they started making new comics again... are these supose to sorta continue the old story or is it supose to be its own thing with no relation to the original series ? and how many different series, offshoots, etc.. is there anyways ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It was a continuation, set about seven years later. At first, it was pretty good, but I think it jumped the shark hard when a bunch of dead characters started returning (Serpentor, the SAW Viper), and then they killed off a bunch of main characters for no reason (Lady Jaye, Mindbender).

Marvel published GIJoe, GIJoe Special Missions (mostly single-issue stories), GIJoe European Missions (reprints of the UK's Action Force, with the dialogue touched up to fit with the American version), GIJoe and the Transformers (a godawful crossover that had little effect on Joe, but really shook up the TF comic), Order of Battle, and I think that's it. There were Yearbooks, which were really annuals of the main title, and a few reprints.

As for Devil's Due, they've had a few bazillion one-shots and miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    It was a continuation, set about seven years later. At first, it was pretty good, but I think it jumped the shark hard when a bunch of dead characters started returning (Serpentor, the SAW Viper), and then they killed off a bunch of main characters for no reason (Lady Jaye, Mindbender).

Marvel published GIJoe, GIJoe Special Missions (mostly single-issue stories), GIJoe European Missions (reprints of the UK's Action Force, with the dialogue touched up to fit with the American version), GIJoe and the Transformers (a godawful crossover that had little effect on Joe, but really shook up the TF comic), Order of Battle, and I think that's it. There were Yearbooks, which were really annuals of the main title, and a few reprints.

As for Devil's Due, they've had a few bazillion one-shots and miniseries
    yeah i got all the old marvel stuff. but wasent sure what happend with the new stuff. what was the name of the continuation series that happened 7 years later? and was it by marvel? so the devils due- were they any sort of continuation and follow the old stories or no?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The first Devil's Due series was called A Real American Hero and was the continuation of the Marvel series. It ended after #36 (I think) and was replaced by America's Elite.

The new stuff is pretty good once you get past the fact that its not Hama's work. Once you settle in its actually very good.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

check out the yojoe archive:
    http://www.yojoe.com/comics/
    all in there except the extreme comic summaries which are in the GIJOE Extreme section
    http://www.yojoe.com/comics/extreme/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    The new stuff is pretty good once you get past the fact that its not Hama's work. Once you settle in its actually very good.
    Wow, thats something rare right now, people complimenting DD. It seems any more all people want to do is bash DD, but it also seem's like everyone is bashing almost every aspect of joes more than usual (Seems like people think the only good joe storys were to the late #70 issues and ARAH only good figures were till 86 ).
    Back yo topic, sort of, I really enjoyed DD's take on the joes and have most of the issues. I do recommend getting them to go with your marvel run as they did a good job following the marvel run.
    Wanted: 3x Resolute Snake Eyes Glider Packs, 2X POC Spirit Vest, 2X Shocktrooper Helmets, Shocktroopers Please and Thanks!

"Who Are You?" "What Do You Want?" "Why Are You Here?" "Where Are You Going?"
    -The 4 Ideals of Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact
    Wow, thats something rare right now, people complimenting DD. It seems any more all people want to do is bash DD, but it also seem's like everyone is bashing almost every aspect of joes more than usual (Seems like people think the only good joe storys were to the late #70 issues and ARAH only good figures were till 86 ).
    Back yo topic, sort of, I really enjoyed DD's take on the joes and have most of the issues. I do recommend getting them to go with your marvel run as they did a good job following the marvel run.
    Yeah, they were actually pretty good. I didn't think so at first, but I had to allow the characters to grow on me. I did like the marvel series better, but there were so mediocre and even bad issues in that series as well. My only issue with DD in the end was the fact that I felt like there were times when too much happened between panels. There were occasions in which I actually felt like I had skiped a page. But, overall a definate winner. Hate to see the series go. I hate that we now have to readjust to a new interpretation of the characters and all that. I know I shouldn't complain, at least we have a comic to read still.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

I don't think it was bad at first. For a year or two, it was quite good. Then it became painfully obvious they'd run out of ideas. When more characters were returning from the dead in one issue than in an entire year-long X-Men crossover, something was wrong.

And then they started killing characters right and left for no discernible reason. I'm fine with killing folks off, but there needs to be a point. This didn't even seem to be shock value; it came across more as, "Crap, what do we do now? Kill some people--it'll make readers pay attention for one more issue!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    .....but I think it jumped the shark hard when a bunch of dead characters started returning (Serpentor, the SAW Viper)
    i have most the old marvel ones and never knew what happened after them. so i have been reading the devils due summerys on the comic page of this site... definatly interesting none the less. how did that saw viper come back to life anyways?