My new GI Joe tattoo sleeve. - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hey there,

looking good. The guy tattooing you has a great style- very fresh inks.

His outlining work is top notch too.

What was your inspiration for the characters? Some appear Michael Golden inspired, others in the newer manga-style (DD stuff?)

Are these your favourite representations of each, or just random images?

Also, whats the plans for the background? Are you keeping the full colour sceme, or going for a more subdued backdrop?

Im impressed man. Thats some great ink. Hows it feel to have your first sleeve nearly done?

Oh, and any chance of more pics of CC? Thats the one that really draws my eye.
    Last edited by Bigtattoo; 02-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the kind words.

A friend of mine is doing the work. His name is Chris McMillen, and he works out of the Ink Well, in Lagarange Kentucky -- www.inkwelltatoo.com

Chris, and Scott (the owner of the shop) both pride themselves in doing mostly custom work. So, I just tell Chris what I want, and he draws it up for my approval. He has a very comic bookish style about his work, and I think that translates very clearly in my sleeve.

I didn't want anything too ultra realistic, because, I wanted it to be sharp, and not have dull round edges. I mean, I'm saving the portrait work for my Star Wars leg piece, haha.

As far as the background is concerned: We have kind of decided to create a battleground scene, and fit fire burts in there behind some of the characters as a kind of homage to the original card cart...but, not quite as large.
    Chris is currently drawing up some Skystrikers, Maulers, Rattlers, and HISS tanks to throw in, and some BATs and a few smaller Joe characters in the mix too.

When I get home from work, I will get a clearer shot of CC and post it. I'm rather proud of his "crazy eyes." haha
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
    -- Timothy Leary/Eddie Izzard
    p.s. It turns out I'm on Myspace.
    www.myspace.com/****myspacetakinawaymyurl
    that naughty word, is the "F word."

Here are those close ups of CC...and my armpit hair.

"Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

WOW! Very nice. Please keep us up to date. I would love to see this when it's all completed.

Thumbs up

I see what you're saying about CC's eye, the whole thing looks great so far so can't wait to see it done with the background!

Thanks everyone for all the awesome input.

Next Tuesday (24th) I will be starting the background.

I'll have some finished pictures in the next few weeks. So, stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes
    I didn't want anything too ultra realistic, because, I wanted it to be sharp, and not have dull round edges. I mean, I'm saving the portrait work for my Star Wars leg piece, haha.
    Dunno if thats case of great minds, or fools,

Ive just had Boba Fett done on my calf, and Im due to get Vader done soon. Eventually I plan on a SW calf sleeve too.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

That's f***in bananas! Nice work.

Hey solid I love your Tattoos!!
    I think your friend is doing a great job!!!
    I also love the style because it's not realistic but very impressive

I'll keep an eye on this post, I want to see Snake Eyes'tatoo finished!

Some more updates. All background work.