Blue/Green Snake Eyes

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue/Green Snake Eyes

I recall seeing the Blue/Green Snake Eyes drawing that the new 5 pack version is supposedly based on, but can't find the image anywhere. anybody know where I can find it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Whats the story behind this paint scheme?
    Chris

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSON
    Whats the story behind this paint scheme?
    Chris
    The story goes that while making the initial Joe line, they discovered that the cost was going to be higher than expected. Rather than cutting a single paint application on all the figuers, somebody came up with the idea of cutting ALL the paint applications on one of the figures, saying that it would make him look cool. Supposedly that picture is from Snake Eyes original design before they decided to just make him completley out of black plastic.
    *insert something witty here*

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Viper
    The story goes that while making the initial Joe line, they discovered that the cost was going to be higher than expected. Rather than cutting a single paint application on all the figuers, somebody came up with the idea of cutting ALL the paint applications on one of the figures, saying that it would make him look cool. Supposedly that picture is from Snake Eyes original design before they decided to just make him completley out of black plastic.
    boy, am I sure glad that they went with the all black SE
    I seriously don't think he would have ever been popular looking like that
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Viper
    Thanks. I had basically heard that story before, but I had never seen the proposed figure.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless Master
    boy, am I sure glad that they went with the all black SE
    I seriously don't think he would have ever been popular looking like that
    True enough, still on the otherside he probably wouldn't have completley dominated the comics either.
    *insert something witty here*

Oh man what choice for colors, glad they went with the cheap way!

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    It looks like if you "frankenstein" a Gung Ho waist and legs with a Grunt body and a Snake Eyes head, you'll have a pretty close idea of what this figure might have looked like.....maybe I'll try it.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

The image of him in those colors was released as stickers and as part of a ColorForms set, so multiple examples do exist of it.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.