Sears Missile Command Playset ?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question I need a little help with this G.I. Joe item. Need some info!

Okay I bought this from a Canadian seller on another message board. He didn't know anything about it. I saw this a few years back on ebay, and remember it went for like $40.00 without any file cards. I think it was an american version though. Then someone told me it was a sears exclusive to Canada. But I have no idea. Can someone please let me know some more info about this.

Thanks!

Here are some pics.

***MODS, if pics are too big let me know***

Last edited by The Amazing Mutato; 02-26-2008 at 10:21 AM.
    I like pie..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks like you have a Canadian version of the filecard holder that comes with the Sears exclusive Cobra Missile Command Headquarters.

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/nottoys/cardholder.shtml

I personally have never seen a Canadian version of this before. Pretty cool.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

THANKS Dockingbay97!

I tried to look for it on the archives, but couldn't remember what exclusive it was.

Wow this is really cool. He even gave me the orignal file cards that came with it, plus some others!
    I like pie..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wonder if some of the Canadian collectors could address how tough this is to find. I have no idea of the availability of this item but am very curious.

The American one is hard enough to find - I speculate that the Canadian one might be much harder to find.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

That is a truly impressive find, thank you for sharing it with us and MAYBE submitting it.

Thats an awesome find man! I wonder if there are any variations (besides the language) between the mmc figures/playset that came via the canadian joe market vs. the ones that were offered here in the u.s.

-saboteur

That's exactly what that is. In fact, i'm missing the FC holder for my boxed Canadian Missile Command HQ so i'd be happy to give this one a good home.
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

Hey shane...are there any differences between the two sets or figures?? (if you've opened it that is)

-saboteur

The Amazing Mutato, nice find! The Canadian HQ (along with it's filecard holder) is, I believe, quite a bit harder to find than the US version.
    It's one of my favorite pieces!

The main differences between the 2 sets are:
    --the brighter white printing on the box (like the Canadian SMS),
    --the French language (of course :-), and
    --the filecards with black borders

The HQ playset itself appears to be exactly the same.
    Last edited by airedevon; 03-01-2008 at 06:07 AM.

I would have to say that it is one tough piece to find, considering the only one I've ever found I bought.. Here's the strange thing though... the one in the archive is mine and its the American release one.... and I bought the file card holder in London Ontario....It never even dawned on me that there was a Canadian one.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.