The Official Target Vehicle Exlusives thread - Page 16

yojoe.com

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Heads up: toywiz.com is selling these Target exclusives for $26 each.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Heads up: toywiz.com is selling these Target exclusives for $26 each.
    Wow, ripoff city. That is quite a markup from the original $9.99 price tag.

I thought about going back and asking for a sup, or calling corporate on that rifle rackin' redneck, but I ultimately decided that I wouldn't waste my time with it. Being within sight of his jug shaped head makes my eyelids heavy.
    I'm kind of like you Rooster, in the sense that I can totally wait for the vehicles. I don't really want them all that much right now. It's exactly like you said -- it's the principle. We're being denied a service because power trippin' morons want to go all Chris Hansen on us, and tell us we're doing something wrong.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

went by target today and punched in the number. said they had a couple then asked the guy walking by about it and he went right in the back room and got me the hiss tank i wanted. so now all i gatta do is wait for the hiss driver and all will be well
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane

Wow they did change the HISS seat! That was unexpected. I wonder if the black one will just be the same?

It blows my mind how easy it is to get stuff from the stock room at Target. No snotty attitudes. No guff about we don't do that. Just ask and you shall receive.

I purchased a few extras with hopes of selling at a 5-10 dollar markup come con time. Any advice on how many and which ones to get would be great. ( I don't like selling to much Drama.)

Now if only we can get people at walmart and toysrus to be so helpful.

How the SHARC should have been...

Yeah I am a bit disappointed in these vehicles, which is why I can wait. I would think that Target would want something much more updated.

I have a 3D model concept that looks like what I think would make it more feasible. If you guys haven't checked out my thread, Vehicles Updated, Your Input Wanted, then go see what I did for the SHARC. That thread has the latest rendered version of the 3D model right now, that even my website doesn't display yet. Yo Joe members and readers get a sneak peek! If they made the 25A vehicles a little less hokey, then I think they'd be better.

I am also working on a new version of the HAVOC, and it is sweet. I can't wait to get it to a point that I can show how it is starting to shape up. Of course, you can always check out www.rooster3d.com to see what has been done in the past.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Yeah I am a bit disappointed in these vehicles, which is why I can wait. I would think that Target would want something much more updated.

I have a 3D model concept that looks like what I think would make it more feasible. If you guys haven't checked out my thread, Vehicles Updated, Your Input Wanted, then go see what I did for the SHARC. That thread has the latest rendered version of the 3D model right now, that even my website doesn't display yet. Yo Joe members and readers get a sneak peek! If they made the 25A vehicles a little less hokey, then I think they'd be better.

I am also working on a new version of the HAVOC, and it is sweet. I can't wait to get it to a point that I can show how it is starting to shape up. Of course, you can always check out www.rooster3d.com to see what has been done in the past.
    Well, remember that these vehicles were just re released in order to give us something. The re tooled vehicles will come out much later. This is meant to tide us over. As for Target, Hasbro basically asked everyone who wanted it, and Target did.

$9.99 for a vehicle and figure is good enough for me.

I like those designs, Rooster. For the cost, we're still getting a deal (if you can get them at retail). I wouldn't give Toyrocket or whoever the king's ransom they want for them, but since I got them this afternoon at cost, I'm pleased.

Compared to other 1:18 scale, non-GI Joe action figures, 25A is still very simplified and stylized. But the vehicles just seem out of place and over simplified. Granted, my 25A Joes look a tad cartoony next to the Abrams tank, but the 25A vehicles will really not fit in with that thing. Now that the figures have been updated to match a popular scale and have had their detail emphasized, I was hoping that their respective 25A vehicles would follow suit. It's not that I don't like the design, it's just that it is more plastic-toy-like than I wished. When they first came out in 1982, these vehicles were popular because of their "super-realistic detail." But now, 25 to 26 years later, that so-called detail is inadequate. All Hasbro has done is to heap on more of that same level of detail. It's like a computer in some respects, in the fact that once Windows 3.5 was hi-tech and 256k memory was "all anyone will ever need", but now these concepts are a joke.

So the best answer would have been to keep doing to the vehicles what they did with the new figures. Better scale, better emphasized details, more true-to-form. Instead we get the same old vehicles as before with pieces added on, such as hoses, headlights, and handlebars. At least the new pieces don't look much like an after thought, though they're just that.

If they had said in the beginning of this 25A deal, "we're going to make 25A figures, and we are going to make them using the original molds we had in 1982, except maybe spruce them up a bit," then people would be ecstatic about that. The vehicles would fit the bill, and all would be well. But since that is not the case - since they made these as "higher resolution" and better "user interface" versions of the original characters (not figures), I am simply not happy with their lackluster efforts to bring in truly inspiring remakes of the vintage vehicles.

True, $9.99 is indeed a good deal for these. Any idea how much the non-Target ones will be? I actually like the Cobra Driver as an alternative for the Stinger Driver, but I would prefer the HISS driver with the HISS.

By the way, I'm very expressive, but I'm not trying to be angry with anyone's opinions, in case it may come across that way. Right now I'm not ranting, either.
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 04-05-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D