The Official Target Vehicle Exlusives thread - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    9.99 is a great price. It gives a real picture of what liscencing costs. The same toy in a Star Wars line is twice as expensive! Lucas knew what he was doing where merchandising was concerned.

edited to add:

WOOHOO! Went to one of my Targets (called first, they're not in everywhere yet), and picked up a case o' vehicles! Man, I wasn't going to buy the SHARC, but for 10 bucks, it's like buying a figure and getting a cheap vehicle! Friggin' sweet.

Oh, and there may be an ever so slightly greenish hue, but my SHARC looks flat out dark gray.
    Last edited by Dakemesh; 03-29-2008 at 09:59 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    Street dates:
    as a retailer if you sell merchandise that is streetdated before it is released two things can happen
    you can be fined by the manufacturer (look at Harry Potter books)
    you can lose the ability to get street dated merchandise before the release date which really hurts because then you miss those first day sales
    Right.
    I worked at Target when SW Episode 1 came out and I REALLY wanted those toys (live and learn). But they were street dated and my manager wouldn't sell them to me.
    I had to accept the fact that I had to *gasp* WAIT. I know, it blows the mind. What do we have, like 16, 17 more days?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    9.99 is a great price. It gives a real picture of what liscencing costs. The same toy in a Star Wars line is twice as expensive! Lucas knew what he was doing where merchandising was concerned.

edited to add:

WOOHOO! Went to one of my Targets (called first, they're not in everywhere yet), and picked up a case o' vehicles! Man, I wasn't going to buy the SHARC, but for 10 bucks, it's like buying a figure and getting a cheap vehicle! Friggin' sweet.

Oh, and there may be an ever so slightly greenish hue, but my SHARC looks flat out dark gray.
    We're probably all going to feel pretty silly when these turn out to be shelf warmers. lol

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just for the record, this is the only place on the box that has a date:

Now, I remember seeing cases of SW figs for instance and they said in big printed letters on the sides DO NOT SELL BEFORE or something like that. There's nothing like that on this box.

That's because there is no street date.. from Hasbro. That date is for Target and the reset they are about to do. If it was a Manufacturer street, you would see really big print, and all over the box.

They are waiting as right now there is no space in the planogram for these, until they reset that date and give it it's spot.

Nobody should get fired for this, or fined.
    Now start calling your Targets!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I totally forgot to go to Tarjay today.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    Just for the record, this is the only place on the box that has a date:

Now, I remember seeing cases of SW figs for instance and they said in big printed letters on the sides DO NOT SELL BEFORE or something like that. There's nothing like that on this box.
    There is a larger sticker on the cases that say "purge 3/28"
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Here's a few pictures for you guys to hold you over till April 13th.

Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Similarities and differences

Cruisin for chicks

I tried putting a knife in the Cobra Driver's side but it makes it even more difficult to get him seated correctly in that HISS. I'm guessing this is why they chose to not include a knife with this figure.
    As for the missing stands....technically, aren't the vehicles the stands for these figures. The stands are for display purposes, we are supposed to display the vehicles with their actual drivers.

I was able to get two cases of these this morning at the third Target I went to.

I think the April 13 date might also be an ad date for these.

Some other things from the case besides the lack of a do not sell before date

Each case is individually numbered out of 4666 total cases

And that sticker pictured above also shows how many cases that Target got. The one I bought mine at appears to have received 40 cases.

40 of each is a lot. I don't expect these to be that hard to find once they hit shelves.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal