The Official Target Vehicle Exlusives thread - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    40 of each is a lot. I don't expect these to be that hard to find once they hit shelves.
    I totally agree. I've got one of each...I want more HISSes and HISS drivers, but not multiples of the others. I can wait till the 13th to get more, no problemo.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    Each case is individually numbered out of 4666 total cases
    Where are you getting that number from? My case says "Carton NO. 14 of 5834" Are we looking at the same thing or is the 4666 somewhere else on the case?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Maybe they made a couple of waves of them - 4666 in mine and 5834 of your wave. If stores are getting around 40 cases like the Target I got mine at did, 4666 cases wouldn't cover all the Target stores in the country. The combined number of 10,500 cases sounds more correct.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello all. I just wanted to add my info since i work for a super target in south florida. There is no way that one target store received 40 cases. My store is a top 100 volume store and we have 4 cases coming in any day now. I went through the computer and the store that had received the most was a store in California and they had gotten in 8 cases. Now i can tell you that the total eaches that target started with before shipping them to stores was 50,001. That number has not changed yet. I will keep checking to see if that number increases or not. If not than i would expect them to sell pretty fast. I hope this information helps.

Then maybe it is 40 cases to a local distribution center for Target - I am no expert on Target case stickers and could very well be wrong - and most likely am wrong.

Each case I bought has this sticker with a different x of 40 cartons number:

Since I was never a Target employee, I just guessed what it meant while I was in the car and typing on my blackberry but now agree that is a bit high.

However, I have been around the toy industry long enough to know this is a common way for toy manufacturers to mark the total number of cases made:

Combine this with Average Joe's cases, it appears there are two runs of these made for a total of 10,500 cases. This could change if other people come up with a different x of case number.

Target.com states:
    Today, Target operates approximately 1,500 stores in 47 states
    That means 10,500 cases breaks down on average to 7 cases per store - that sounds plausible.

50,000 cases you stated means 33 cases per store.

If you had a typo and meant 5,000 cases then it is 3 cases per store which seems low to me - especially since I bought two with no problem at one Target. Three of each vehicle per store seems way too low. That pretty much most stores would sell out on April 13.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 03-29-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Mine is case 4102 of 5834.

As for the 2 of 40 cartons that's probably the total shipment.

I didn't mean any disrespect dockingbay i hope you didn't take it that way. I'm just trying to help out with some inside info. The 50,001 is eaches though not cases so if there is 3 per case that would be 16667 cases. Time will tell i guess. Like i said if i see the number change i will tell you all. Congrats by the way on the cases you got. I'm still waiting since they started dist. on the west coast and i'm on the east coast are district is getting them this week.

kennywr22, it is not a problem. Like I said, I am no expert on Target case stickers.

16667 is a weird number unless they were really trying to shoot for the 50,000 total pieces which makes sense.

That would be about 11 cases per store which isn't a bad number. If one doesn't wait too long to pick these up, I don't think it will be an issue for anyone in the US who wants them to get them.

Plus they are priced to move at $9.99 each.

I am dying to know what Target's cost is on these and what they cost Hasbro to make. Does anyone know the general mark up on toys for Target? Do you think they paid $5 or $6 for these? That might mean it only cost Hasbro $3 to make.

Or does Target have a much lower margin on these exclusives hoping they bring people in to buy other stuff?

Glad you asked. The cost are 6.70 per vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by kennywr22
    Glad you asked. The cost are 6.70 per vehicle.
    Wow, that's amazing they're only clearing three bucks each?