Are You Ever Amazed By The Prices 1982-1985 Misb Items Bring????

yojoe.com

Are You Ever Amazed By The Prices 1982-1985 Misb Items Bring????

Hey:Guys,

I was just checking an ebay auction for a skystriker Misb that went for over $1,000.00. Do any of you guys remember when these could be had for a small fraction of that? I got back into collecting in the mid to late nineties and back then sealed skystrikers were max $200. I have two of these in really mint shape, but man, I should have purchased more at those older prices. I remember passing some up for $100-$150 thinking they were pricey back then.

I also remember passing up a guy who had Italian-boxed zartans that were case fresh and were going for $50 each. For some stupid reason back then I thought $50 was way too expensive.

Anyone else have some stories of past items they passed up because they thought they were too expensive and now you would have jumped on the item for that earlier price?????
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Complete FLAGG at a yard sale back in about '86 or '87 for $20. I was only interested in the figures they had which were all complete and mint. 50 cents a piece. Had most all of the earlier figures (Baroness, Destro, etc.) that I didn't get to see in stores. Was an awesome day (left with about 50 figures), but in retrospect I missed out on a killer deal. Heck, it would've probably been broken/trashed by now anyway...right?

Man I have stories upon stories. Prime example you should remember were the mail ins. The wolf mail in was like $15 tops and you couldn't give those things away and now they are a rare comodity. lol Even rampage was $10 and disliked now you would kill to find one. I know I passed up a rattler at $300 sealed and would love to pay that now. lol
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!