Vehicles Updated, Your Input Wanted

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Vehicles Updated, Your Input Wanted

Up first is my take on the SHARC. Nevermind that it needs texturing, decals, interior, etc.

EDIT: I don't even know if this is the place to post this, since it is a virtual model and not a physical one.

Last edited by Rooster3D; 12-02-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool, the extra ailerons blend in nicely! I think it'd probably look better as a Cobra custom... but that's just me
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

The ailerons were much needed in order to elevate the craft in air and water. I figured the SHARC needed updates all around, but I wanted this design to be true to the original concept. I guess this is what I would have imagined a 25th Anniversary SHARC to look like. It has significantly less drag in air and water than it did. I speculate that the original was intended to be a space fighter, and then someone said, "hey we need a craft for this here deep-sea diver." The rest is history.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

Nice - it kind of looks like you crossed it with a Firebat.

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    Nice - it kind of looks like you crossed it with a Firebat.
    Yeah I was thinking that after all this materialized... It's those ailerons that mostly do it. I'll just have to make the Firebat equally improved and hope that it distinguishes itself again. What's strange is that I can kind of see a little bit of CLAW in it, too.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

That looks good, it almost makes me want to break out my junked Sharc and try to make one. I like the extra airelons and the redsigned wings. It kind of reminds me of a cross between the toy and the Sub from the first mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Up first is my take on the SHARC. Nevermind that it needs texturing, decals, interior, etc.

EDIT: I don't even know if this is the place to post this, since it is a virtual model and not a physical one.
    Wow! That is awesome! I am excited to see more of your designs.

Thanks guys! You can always see what I've done previously at www.rooster3d.com.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Quote Originally Posted by TR1
    Nice that looks tight ya know for some reason I see a Fire bat.
    LOL, that's what people keep saying. Honestly, that was one of my concerns before posting it, too. As I said, I'll have to make the Firebat even more different, in order to tell them apart. Maybe once I make the normal-bump texturing detail and some decals on the SHARC it will look less like a Firebat.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D