IG Destro statue on eBay

yojoe.com

IG Destro statue on eBay

I just found a prototype IG Destro statue on eBay (from the store of the guy that used to run the Palisades company). I didn't see this listed in the "unproduced" section of yojoe.com. It's obviously very expensive, but pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-Prototyp...QQcmdZViewItem

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I say we check to see how many were actually produced of this one before anyone shells out that much money for it...

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

wow thats nice! i really want that but kinda pricey...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's been up there for awhile. Never hit mass production, and the auction says "Only 4 of these items were ever produced for the production review process!!! " I don't doubt that at all.

And yeah, it's in the archive...

http://yojoe.com/archive/preprod/statuary/destro.shtml

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    I say we check to see how many were actually produced of this one before anyone shells out that much money for it...

John M>
    That seller is legit in both his products and his claims about those products - as he should be since he was instrumental in making a ton (if not most) of Palisades Toys product.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Even with a one-off claim for which item this was in the run, it doesn't actually list whether or not the others from the run were produced or not. Not discounting it, but it could be that the full run is sitting somewhere (like with many other joe items such as the Ninja Commandos).

I guess faith in things is required.

I was told that we (375toys/yojoe store) would receive the one-off of Quarrel for having been a part of the implementation of it, but we never received it and were told that it really didn't exist and that what we would get was just an unpainted piece.

Sorry if I sound too skeptical on this.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

If they were out there, they would have been sold to square away Palisades debt during their bankrupcty and purchase.

Or one of the many employees who left with a ton of merchandise instead of pay would have sold them.

They don't exist in any sort of run.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

OK, cool. Thanks for the added info.

JohN m.

Talking

I know that there were at least 4 of these made although I heard 5 at one time.

And as for whether they are sitting somewhere, with one person. They aren't. I also know that they weren't sold off by the company but individuals. In fact, I have most of the real first-run statues that were produced (including with alternate body parts) (but not this one) which were used in the casting process.

For instance, who knew that Scarlett had a different head sculpt that was not used?

Or that the Firefly we all saw wasn't the original design?

Great stuff out there.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.