An Awesome Old Store Stock Find-Please Read - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please let me know if he has any of the things I PM'ed you about. I sent you my price.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you are looking for buyers, I will buy it all. But, I would need pictures of them. This sounds too good to be true.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Response to Old Store Stock Find

Hey:Guys,

Yes I will of course see what the guy has before buying. I have no idea what will come up though I know he said on the phone he had a bunch of 1983-1985 items Moc/Misb. When I talked to him recently, I told him that I collect mostly Misb items, but if the Carded stuff is priced right, I will buy some. I may keep a few of the rarer Moc items or toys I had as a kid, but most of them will be resold on ebay or yojoe. On the phone, the guy said everything was in mint shape, so I'll just have to see myself.

Either way-it's a great opportunity to add some unopened items to my gi joe collection.

I will keep in touch.
    Zartanmaniac
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

Zartanmaniac, have you been to see what this guy has yet? It's been about 2 weeks!

Where are these items coming from?
    Why are they "old store stock"?
    Does this guy have anything to do with the items other than having connections to other people who have the items?
    Why would this guy or his connections be willing to sell the items for less than what they could get on the open market?
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Response to your Questions!!!

Hey:

Thanks for the questions. I have to say they seemed just a tad accusatory though. Just so you know "Old Store Stock" is usually anything from sealed cases to a buyer who bought a store's leftover stock from back in the day. I would also say that it could be a buyer who bought stuff off the shelves awhile back and has alot of it saved up.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on this planet knows the true worth of eighties toys. Alot of older collectors that collected the 1950's toys have no respect for the great toy lines of the eighties. So your argument about the value of these is pointless. I have made very cheap deals on Ebay of all places and you would think that those putting things on Ebay would know their value wouldn't you? The answer is: there are alot of people out there who simply don't care enough to know.

I was at a garage sale a couple of years ago and they had a complete jetfire in super mint condition. I saw the toy had a $2 price tag and was ecstatic. I went over to the lady and was ready to pay immediately. She came out with "that $2 price tag is wrong, we know what that's really worth." She then told me it would be $3, not two. I was laughing inside as I said "I'll take a chance on it for $3." I made an easy $200 off that item and could not believe how she let it go for that low.

Another thing to factor in is: I live in a region of New York State where the economy is horrible and buyers rarely pay much for anything. This used to always help me at shows because I could show up at 12-1 and all the sealed stuff would still be sitting there waiting for me.

Thanks
    Zartanmaniac
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

Ok, I must have read pass the part where you let us know if/what you got from this guy and how things are going with it???

Quote Originally Posted by zartanmaniac
    Thanks for the questions. I have to say they seemed just a tad accusatory though.
    Thanks for your answer. I wouldn't use the word accusatory to describe the questions. Suspicious would be a better word. Just be careful.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

When will you need money. I would like to buy some items.
    BEWARE of the Royal Guard