An Awesome Old Store Stock Find-Please Read - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Response!!!

Hey:Guys,

I'm getting together with the guy Saturday if everything works out. My biggest problem is rasing the cash right now. I have applied for a loan and will see how that turns out. I also have a friend that said he would loan me $1,200-$1,500 if I couldn't find the money elsewhere. But I really don't like asking friends for money. A deal of this nature might force me to rethink that.
    I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks
    Zartanmaniac
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In all seriousness, I would not go meet some guy I didn't know somewhere with thousands of dollars in cash in my pockets. He probably would not accept a check, but you can figure something out. I wouldn't go alone with or without cash.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Response to your Post!!!!!

Hey:Greenfirefly,

I have no idea where you live at, but I have no problem meeting with dealers and spending thousands of dollars on stuff. Are you a misb Gi joe collector? The reason I ask is because when I got serious about buying sealed gi joe stuff at toy shows, I always took at least $800 to a show. Ironically, when I had the cash, there were alot less things available.

I'm not sure if I specified this, but when I called the dealer I realized I knew him from previous shows so he's not a complete stranger. The funny thing was a long time ago I asked him if he had any sealed Gi joe stuff and he said he had a friend that had tons of it, but was pretty stingy about selling it. So it makes sense that some 5-6 years later the friend has decided to sell.

I'll Keep You Guys Posted

P.S.-And thanks for the concern.
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Reply to your post!

sent you an email on what i am wanting to buy

zartanmaniac:

I obviously live in Pennsylvania. With very little research, you could see an aerial picture of my house on Google. I do not collect vintage boxed vehicles. Best of luck.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Are some of the things you have on Ebay right now what you bought this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by zartanmaniac

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on this planet knows the true worth of eighties toys. Alot of older collectors that collected the 1950's toys have no respect for the great toy lines of the eighties. So your argument about the value of these is pointless. I have made very cheap deals on Ebay of all places and you would think that those putting things on Ebay would know their value wouldn't you? The answer is: there are alot of people out there who simply don't care enough to know.
    Absolutely true. The guy I used to work for just bought a vintage Barbie (ponytail #2 or something) from a woman. She called and told him that if he wasn't interested in it (they were trading phone calls back and forth) then she was going to THROW THEM OUT so hurry up and call back.

Long story short, he bought it for $50.00 and it sold for over $5,000!
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

I just now noticed this thread. After reading through it just has a lot in it that screams "scam" to me. Not by you ZartainManiac, but by the the guy that supposedly has all these "connections" to stuff that happens to be exactly what you are looking for. You said you arn't going to pay for anything without seeing it first and that is good. But at the same time someone mentioned showing up someplace with thousands in you pocket. If you don't know who you are dealing with, you could really be putting yourself into a dangerous situation. Worst case scenario, you take out loans for money, lose it all and have no product to show for it.

All I am saying is be really cautious with this deal. It sounds too good to be true. There are a lot of people on this board any many others that really do have connections and none of them have had a connection like the one you reported. If they don't have them, how exactly does this guy have them? Don't meet this guy with money in your pocket. Leave it at home save maybe $50. If he really does have stuff, buy something and come back for the rest later. If he tries to put pressure on you to show up with all the money, then there is definately a problem.

How did it go? It has been three days and we are dieing to find out what you got.
    Thanks,
    Chris

I hope it turned out the way he wanted to,If we dont hear from him in a few day..Maybe someone might want to email to see if hes ok.