Official JoeCon 2008 thread - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    They really have priced me out at this point. I mean I can afford the figures. I just choose not too. There has to be a line and I feel they have crossed it in my mind.
    Thank God, for a minute after reading the last reply to my post, I thought I was losing my mind. I too think they crossed the line, but also at the worst possible time for many. With the economy being what it is, they might have had a hard time selling them at $200 like in 2005, but $275... sounds like these will be on a clearance sale in 2 years.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blayloxzuess
    $7 isn't going to kill me, if the sets were $7 I would obviously be all over them. $275 for 15 figures on the hand is a bit different. That's over $18 a figure opposed to the 2002 con (only 6 years ago) at $180 for $12 a figure.

If they are that inexpensive to you, please donate me a set
    HA, I ain't donating nothing, I budget every year for the con set and club exclusives. Besides, $7 is nothing compared to the $48 jump between '06 and '07....never mind the $180 for the Crimson Strike Team.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

2008 con figures question

i know people not going can get the 15 figure set but can they also purchase the smaller joe set? such as slaughters marauders from 2 years ago that were not part of the box set.
    firefly owns you!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Marauders were sold through the club store during the con. Typically you can get these things through General Admission, or if there is anything left after the con, in the GIJCC on-line store.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

Even as a non-attending member, you can only order the 15 figure sets. I have a great friend on here who I send money to p/u the rest. The only one figure he has not been able to get me is the parachute drop ones. I usually have to pick them up on ebay or the Club tends to have extras after the con.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

would this friend be willing to take on more downtrodden souls who cant go to the con.

this is the first con set that i really and truly could not live without.
    firefly owns you!

Quote Originally Posted by YELSEW
    Even as a non-attending member, you can only order the 15 figure sets. I have a great friend on here who I send money to p/u the rest. The only one figure he has not been able to get me is the parachute drop ones. I usually have to pick them up on ebay or the Club tends to have extras after the con.
    Really? This I did not know. The one and only time I did the Homefront Hero, I got sent the Para-Dusty figure too. I thought that everyone got one. They must have changed that.

Anyway firefly, I believe your question was referring to the store exclusives or AKA "con souviners". These would be items such as the Firefly fig and HISS IIb (?) from SF, the "morphing Zartan-to-Hawk" and Tiger Force Hydrofoil from Disney, the Steel Brigade and Sky Hawks from Minneapolis, the aforementioned Mauraders from NO, and the Piper figure from the ATL. These are sold through the convention store throughout the weekend. As I said, if there is anything left over, you can find them online in the GIJCC store (ie Morphing Zartan). I do not think there is "member" pricing and "non-member" pricing on these. Someone will have to straighten that one out for me. Ebay is going to totally suck buying these things in the near future of the con. If you can find someone, that is the way to go. Check other boards too....there are typically threads everywhere of people looking to be hooked up.
    What's on JOE Mind?

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Somewhere in this year's con literature, I thought that I saw a mention of a "small squad of Joes" to "oppose the Headman's army".....since the 15 figure set has been announced and contains no Joes, my guess would be that there will be a small set sold at the con that will contain some form of "Urban Combat Squad", plus a couple of extra vehicles for them to chase each other around in.

My wife and I are going to the con this year, and even though she doesn't care about Joes in the slightest, I'm considering buying her a full pass so that I will have a second con set to sell to defray the costs of attending.

Of course, that plan depends heavily on the amount of my annual bonus check next month.....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

My wife will be there too. Since this is an Army Builder set, I went with a second set "for her". Actually, there was only $50 difference between getting two full sets than getting one set for me, one bagged set and an Aide's pass for the wife....plus you get the attendee only vehicle to boot. The Joe squad will be like the Steel Bridage and Mauraders from year's past with one big vehicle and a couple (maybe) of small vehicles.

It should be a good time this year.
    What's on JOE Mind?

well i was already planning on buying the 15 figure set. Its the as volleydan said "small team of joes" that i was worried about being able to get without attending and without going the ebay route and paying hard for it.
    firefly owns you!