Official JoeCon 2008 thread - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Well at least the paint scheme is better than the original. I'm still on the fence with this set as $15 per figure is a lot to shell out.

Will have to wait and see on the rest.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I agree, the paint apps on the weapons look great!

Just for reference, it was $17.87 per figure last year. I'd take $15/figure!
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Again-I am always a big fan of the convention figures-but yuck-maybe it's the colors on my computer but I am def not digging this one.
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    He is nearly as funny as the April Fools figure.

I am not trying to be a "Master Collector" hater but I can't see paying $20 for that.
    Wow, I love the figure. I was always a fan of the sculpt and I think this is a great update. What do you not like? the sculpt? The paint app? Just curious.

Wow that is ummm one ugly figure. I would have preferred the April fools joke instead.
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover

Did anyone notice the shadow of the Pulverizer behind him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    Wow, I love the figure. I was always a fan of the sculpt and I think this is a great update. What do you not like? the sculpt? The paint app? Just curious.
    That head sculpt just drives me crazy with that squinty, constipated grimace he is in - and those tiny little glasses just make it worse. It is just too silly - and the paint job of the original only made it look sillier to me. I just can't take that figure seriously. He is easily on my top five most disliked figures list.

I do appreciate this paint job - it is much better than the original.

However I am still scarred by how much I hate the original, I can't look past it with this one.

It is just a personal taste of mine - and don't worry, I like a lot of figures other think are horrible
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Hmm-you're right

You'd think they's have learned after the Mech Defense-it is still being sold online
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Better colors than the first version and cool weapons but not something to rave about...
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)