Official JoeCon 2008 thread - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Give it some patience guys.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

cool I hope they have a cool version of the def fiigures
    check my want
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/34774...ure-parts.html
    read my fan fiction in the fan creativity section
    please visit http://jimmyz.myminicity.com/ and my website http://jmsberetta.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmderinchief
    Give it some patience guys.
    Patience! There's no patience on the internets and message boards!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not impressed! Hope the rest of the fig are better than that!

Sadly its still better than the original..

Gristle, I'll admit, was never a favorite character of mine. He seemed like a Dreadnok wannabee to me. But somehow this recoloration makes him look a lot more threatening and dangerous. I'm impressed!

And that logo! HOO-boy. Although if they're planning to imprint that on the Stormtroopers someplace, and assume they're recoloring the original HeadHunter Stormtroopers, I think they may be hard-pressed to find a big enough area where it'll work and not be reduced to a size where they'll have to pass out microscopes at the Convention.

As for that shadow -- interesting...

Also, although I am generally not one to be overly attentive to accessories, I LOVE the painted detail on the accessories here! Also VERY impressive!
    Last edited by GI Trekker; 04-02-2008 at 01:23 AM.

I like it so far
    the weapon is unique enough to be cool
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Who does the paint schemes for the con figures? Gristle almost looks okay but what is with the gold paint?

VC9k

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    That head sculpt just drives me crazy with that squinty, constipated grimace he is in - and those tiny little glasses just make it worse. It is just too silly - and the paint job of the original only made it look sillier to me. I just can't take that figure seriously. He is easily on my top five most disliked figures list.

I do appreciate this paint job - it is much better than the original.

However I am still scarred by how much I hate the original, I can't look past it with this one.

It is just a personal taste of mine - and don't worry, I like a lot of figures other think are horrible
    Cool. I don't know why I like him so much, but I do.

It's still Vandalo to me. I wasn't a big fan of Gristle, but Vandalo had a little better paint job. Either way, I think the weapons are looking very promising, & goofy head sculpt or not, this color scheme is a huge improvement on the original.