Official JoeCon 2008 thread - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    is it possible that the 85 snake eyes mold resurfaced? or else why would they have that figures artwork featured so prominently?
    firefly owns you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know they used that mold for the press shots of the Joe team that was supposed to be released in '97. Did it get lost since then?

either that or it broke. and thats why we never got another one during 200o-2002 joe vs cobra.
    firefly owns you!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i am glad i live in texas am going to try and go to it ...but i am not in a member club,does anyone know if i can still get in on the exclusives and like try to get a bat that gets droped???

Quote Originally Posted by firefly owns you
    is it possible that the 85 snake eyes mold resurfaced? or else why would they have that figures artwork featured so prominently?
    Last year's artwork featured the Crimson Baroness just as prominently. I wouldn't read anything into SE in the Con ads.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

KG666 pointed out that maybe its a hint that Ray Park willbe there to promote the movie?????

Quote Originally Posted by Blayloxzuess
    Whoa... the prices went up again!
    Wonder if they will take a big hit due to them jackin up the prices while the economy is so bad?
    That's not so bad. From $268 (last year's if I recall) to $275. If $7 is going to kill someone, then maybe they should not be buying the set in the first place.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

Quote Originally Posted by derby0187
    i am glad i live in texas am going to try and go to it ...but i am not in a member club,does anyone know if i can still get in on the exclusives and like try to get a bat that gets droped???
    Yup, but non-member prices are higher. It will be $325 for you to get the set. I can't recall if the items from the club store (ie Piper or Jet Pack Troopers from last year) will be more for you or not. I don't think so....but I could be wrong.

As for the para figs, last year the Sigma figs were all collected (for the most part) and then resold in the club store. In years past with the 3-3/4" stuff, it was a free-for-all, but it was always encouraged that the kids get the stuff first before the adults. However, if you come to the con and get on the list to drop the troopers, you always get to keep one or get some other type of exclusive. In SF I got an unpainted Major Storm figure. Last year everyone got a free Sigma para fig....which was $30 in the store I think, so that was nice of the club.

Personally, I would just recommend you join the club. It is $42/yr., which works out to be $3.50 a month. That won't set ya back would it?
    Last edited by cmderinchief; 03-28-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

Quote Originally Posted by cmderinchief
    If $7 is going to kill someone, then maybe they should not be buying the set in the first place.
    $7 isn't going to kill me, if the sets were $7 I would obviously be all over them. $275 for 15 figures on the hand is a bit different. That's over $18 a figure opposed to the 2002 con (only 6 years ago) at $180 for $12 a figure.

If they are that inexpensive to you, please donate me a set
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

They really have priced me out at this point. I mean I can afford the figures. I just choose not too. There has to be a line and I feel they have crossed it in my mind.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal