Joe t-shirts at Steve and Barry's

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joe t-shirts at Steve and Barry's

So, I went to the mall on the shady part of town tonight, and they had this store called "Steve and Barry's." Some of you may have heard of this place, I never have before tonight. Anyway, I went in there, and just about everything in the store was 9 dollars. But it was decent stuff. Jackets with college logos on them, basketball jerseys, jeans, some pretty nice-looking shirts, even tennis shoes made by Stephon Marbury.

Anyway, to the point, they had a t-shirt with a large Cobra symbol print on it and a long-sleeve shirt with a GI Joe logo (RAH version--they also had a shirt with an old, 1960s GI Joe logo on it). These shirts were 9 bucks each, or 2 for 15 dollars. They also had Transformers stuff (I got myself a Megatron shirt), comic book prints, like the cover to Fantastic Four #4, and all kinds of other stuff. There were hundreds of these novelty shirts there, and they were 2 for 15 bucks. Not a bad deal at all.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We got one of these stores about 3 months ago. I have bought a bunch of these shirts from them so far.
    Here's a link to my collection http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=104 Check out my GI Joe Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/truetroutttone Check out Joelanta 2010 http://www.joelanta.com My Want List http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=71936
    Currently cataloging my Collection at http://www.collector-actionfigures.com

Yeah there's one of these stores in my mall. It is notorious for smelling strangely. I've seen the joe shirts in there but have yet to pick any up.

-saboteur

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ah yes...Steve & Barry's. Here in GR, Michigan we have one in an older indoor mall. They got some great t shirts. I also have the Cobra logo & GI Joe ARAH shirts.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Thumbs down

This doesn't smell like officially licensed product. So I don't recommend buying them. Unless someone has other info? Expect Hasbro to really start cracking down next year once paying licensors are signed up to coincide with the movie.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Everything at Steve and Barry's is officially licensed. They had a contest with Hasbro around when the Transformers movie came out. In fact all the stuff I bought there has an officially licensed type label on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavieur@aol.com
    This doesn't smell like officially licensed product. So I don't recommend buying them. Unless someone has other info? Expect Hasbro to really start cracking down next year once paying licensors are signed up to coincide with the movie.
    They do appear legit, with Hasbro labels and everything. They also have licensed NCAA stuff, WWE, etc.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    They do appear legit, with Hasbro labels and everything. They also have licensed NCAA stuff, WWE, etc.

Ok, fair enough. I wasn't aware of the store so thanks for filling me in.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Steve and Berry has the rights through hasbro to sell their merchandise (I dont think it is exclusive as Hot topic get Joe shirts occasionaly too) but I remember a year or two ago it was annouced that S & B would be selling Hasbro licensed appareal.
    Rock n Roll was my first Joe!<P>Texas Tech Red Raiders!!!!!

Steve and Berrys is a great store. All knids of fun(ny) shirts really cheap. I just bought a blue t-shirt with the arah GI Joe logo on it about two months ago. They had a CObra logo on fire, but I just wanted a regular red logo, which they didnt have.