A few questions about IDW taking over the G.I. Joe comic.

yojoe.com

A few questions about IDW taking over the G.I. Joe comic.

I know Devil's Due still has a few more issues left. But does anyone know if IDW will be continuing on with the Marvel/Image/Devil's Due continuity??

Or will they reboot it entirely??

I hope they continue as I just got the most recent G.I. Joe issue and Destro and Baroness just entered the war.

It was great Baroness and Destro walking into a room. Scarlett is there, Baroness turns to her and says 'How's the head Scarlett. It was a great throw back to the Baroness shooting Scarlett in the head heh.

I just hope IDW continues with perhaps the aftermath of WW3 maybe one year later.

Does anyone have any thoughts or news?? Like a date the first isue is rumored to hit maybe??

Hopefully news links?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan
    I know Devil's Due still has a few more issues left. But does anyone know if IDW will be continuing on with the Marvel/Image/Devil's Due continuity??

Or will they reboot it entirely??

I hope they continue as I just got the most recent G.I. Joe issue and Destro and Baroness just entered the war.

It was great Baroness and Destro walking into a room. Scarlett is there, Baroness turns to her and says 'How's the head Scarlett. It was a great throw back to the Baroness shooting Scarlett in the head heh.

I just hope IDW continues with perhaps the aftermath of WW3 maybe one year later.

Does anyone have any thoughts or news?? Like a date the first isue is rumored to hit maybe??

Hopefully news links?

Thanks.
    I think Baroness made another reference to shooting Stormy too...

Comics

So what is going on and who is doing the more recent comics? It's too hard to keep up anymore.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ninja
    So what is going on and who is doing the more recent comics? It's too hard to keep up anymore.
    With Comic Con running right now, the hope is, one company makes an announcement about G.I. Joe's comic license. My take hasn't changed, I would prefer Marvel. With a movie coming out, there is potential for Marvel omnibus runs of ARAH G.I. Joe.

I really hope that whoever gets it, completely starts it over from scratch. The DD was just a complete disaster from the start in my opinion. It came off more along the lines of fanfic than a real comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by the scarecrow
    With Comic Con running right now, the hope is, one company makes an announcement about G.I. Joe's comic license. My take hasn't changed, I would prefer Marvel. With a movie coming out, there is potential for Marvel omnibus runs of ARAH G.I. Joe.
    I read in another forum the license has been granted, but no word on how it will launch. The NYComiCon is having a special cover issue 34 from DDP, and the last issue is scheduled to be 36, so since there are a couple of issues to come (and finish the WWIII arc... I HATE story arcs!), I think it would be politically in-correct to have the other company pumping up their line... kind of smearing it in DDP's face. No matter how you feel about what they put out, we should be civilized and not do that, because they at least stepped up and gave Joe a new life after Marvel dropped them (which brings up the point of how Marvel did it again after starting issuing 5 volumes of the classic comic and then quit... why they can't put out a DVD of all the issues like they have done with other titles is beyond me... but a seperate rant. ).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc2/12
    I read in another forum the license has been granted, but no word on how it will launch. The NYComiCon is having a special cover issue 34 from DDP, and the last issue is scheduled to be 36, so since there are a couple of issues to come (and finish the WWIII arc... I HATE story arcs!), I think it would be politically in-correct to have the other company pumping up their line... kind of smearing it in DDP's face. No matter how you feel about what they put out, we should be civilized and not do that, because they at least stepped up and gave Joe a new life after Marvel dropped them (which brings up the point of how Marvel did it again after starting issuing 5 volumes of the classic comic and then quit... why they can't put out a DVD of all the issues like they have done with other titles is beyond me... but a seperate rant. ).

That's a good point. Why kill the current product? Looks as if, we'll have to wait until June's Joe Con.

Sadly, Marvel nixed DVD-ROMs for DCU. Needless to say, DVDs would be awesome but omnibus trades would be fantastic. Marvel could release 30-40 issues per each omnibus. I guess we'll have to wait and see if IDW or Marvel or other gets the license.

Quote Originally Posted by the scarecrow
    I went to the DD booth at NYCC, and asked them about the future of the GI Joe comics. I was told they were stopping after the movie comics. I asked if that was stopping the current continuity, and got told stopping full-stop. Then I was told that they were going to put out a deluxe collection of everything printed right up to the end of the current series. But to be honest I'll believe that when I see it. I can't find any mention of it anywhere-else.

From what I understand (from a little insider notice), the current DDP series will wrap up the entire RAH saga and a new series will feature the upcoming movie's continuity which likely means all new origin and story most likely with a prequel to the movie, the movie adaptation, and then an on-going series much like the Transformers movie received and is still pumping out (new sequel out soon!).
    Current Wants (01-16-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Open call to musicians, bands, recording artists... Kaijuice 2!