It's time to demand more from Hasbro. (Not Hasbro bashing)

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's time to demand more from Hasbro. (Not Hasbro bashing)

I'm posting this around to the other main boards. This price increase on the joes has gotten me to think that Hasbro should give us more if they are going to charge us more. I want to say that I'm basically happy with the product AT THE PRICE it is now. So if they want to up it a $1 a figure, then I want something more. We all know the basic improvements that can be done to make these outstanding figures...full 90 degree elbow joints, waist articulation (not to mention this would make customizing much better and Hasbro would sell more), better crotch clearance for legs, etc. I'm not suggestion we go crazy yelling at Hasbro, because they seem to be doing a good job listening.

My solution is that at the next Q/A session, on EVERY website, we submit a basic question like this:

With the price increase of the joes, you know that the fans are going to expect more for the new price, right?

Kind of just putting Hasbro on notice. Personally, I think they are increasing the price because they know they have a hit and they know they can do this because they have done it with Star Wars. Its worth saying again that I find this line to be great, so I just don't want to end up with the price nightmare that is Star Wars.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm all for more/better articulation. Unfortunately this price increase is due to the cost of the raw materials to make the toys have gone up.
    Think of it this way: Someone makes a Beachhead figure out of Diamonds, they're gonna ask for thousands of dollars for him, not $5.99. Even though the plastic version of him sells for $5.99

More

Personnally; my only problem with 25th figures is the fact that I can't buy them locally. But if Hasbro added extra accessories with each figure, I would probably be happier. I was glad that the cobra air trooper came with two different helmets however he could use an AK-47. Maybe if there were accessory upgrade packs collectors could customize to their liking.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by msv
    Personnally; my only problem with 25th figures is the fact that I can't buy them locally. But if Hasbro added extra accessories with each figure, I would probably be happier. I was glad that the cobra air trooper came with two different helmets however he could use an AK-47. Maybe if there were accessory upgrade packs collectors could customize to their liking.
    I agree 100%.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

I don't really have a problem with the figure design, I just want to see more figures of different characters instead of more Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, etc. One of each was enough for me.
    Go Salukis!!!
    Go NY Rangers!!!

id be happy if they just increased output. i wanna see single packs on my store shelfs. and rerelease the old waves for those of us that missed it. im happy with the way they are though the crotch does need work its not as important IMO

I think we need different characters. Where are my favs Lifeline, Mainframe and Outback. Enough of the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

"Here we see Snake Eyes in a lovely parka and just in time for winter. Look at how the little white alien things bring out his eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    I'm all for more/better articulation. Unfortunately this price increase is due to the cost of the raw materials to make the toys have gone up.
    Think of it this way: Someone makes a Beachhead figure out of Diamonds, they're gonna ask for thousands of dollars for him, not $5.99. Even though the plastic version of him sells for $5.99
    The cost of raw material doesn't hold water with me. I collect DC Universe as well and for $10 (now $2 more then a 25th anniversary joe) I get 2-3 times the amount of plastic, far more articulation, a build a figure part, and a product from a license that is likely far more expensive.

If raw material was the issue, there would be a cost increase across the board on all Hasbro products...Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, etc...

I'd happily pay the extra dollar if they'd just put a screw in them to make it easier to take apart.

I also think that they should release some battle gear every third wave or so. No stupid colors, just a card full of guns and helmets and accesories.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZJOE
    id be happy if they just increased output. i wanna see single packs on my store shelfs. and rerelease the old waves for those of us that missed it. im happy with the way they are though the crotch does need work its not as important IMO
    Amen. That is what I have been screaming forever. Is doesn't matter what they do different if you can't find them on the shelves to begin with. The upcoming Clone Wars figures are rumored to have extra weapons in a baggie with each figure. They should do this with the Joes for a little extra value. Maybe a helmet, visor, backpack, pistol and rifle in addition to the regular figures accessories. They could blind bag them and make them random. I wouldn't care.
    Booya!