The San Diego Comic Con 2008 Thread - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    no word on the exclusives yet? we knew by this time last year, didn't we?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I had heard we were going to know a couple of weeks ago but that never happened. I keep hearing from Hasbro - "Soon"
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

BREAKING NEWS

First off thank you for helping make the SDCC Destro a success last year; what a way to kick off the 25th anniversary! The fans have really been behind us over the past year for the 25th and the team wanted to do something special for ComicCon again to reward the fans who have stuck with us and supported us over the year. If you thought 2007 was great with new figures, just wait until we start getting into vehicles in 2008!

Rather than just tell you (and the community) the 2008 SDCC Exclusive…we decided to have some fun and put together a short video announcing the item. We will go live at 3:30 this afternoon on GI Joe.com. Please spread the word and enjoy.

Thank you for your continual support, passion, and not breaking my ComicCon Exclusives until I was ready to show them J

To answer the most common questions; Yes we are making more than last year’s Destro, No I cannot tell you how many, Yes there is a variant, Yes there is an allotment to be sold on HTS.com for folks who cannot go to the con, Yes it comes in a protective case, Yes I have a second exclusive which we will be debuting with the club over the next week.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh C'mon CC in a suit?! What is that?

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    CC in a suit! Now I need a proper limo. Maybach maybe?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

More info on it

Last year GI Joe kicked off the 25th anniversary with a Destro exclusive that rocked San Diego ComicCon to its core. This year Cobra is sending Cobra Commander himself to meet the masses. Inspired by the comic, this exclusive Cobra Commander in suit and tie comes with a podium and microphone and is enclosed in a protective collector case.

Like Destro, this year's figure will also feature a second version of Cobra Commander in his Blue "Springfield Country Club" Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    Why not? He was a used car salesman and needed to rally support in Springfield

I'd still buy it...Cobra COBRA!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    I dig it. Finally... a leader I can follow! COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Hmmmm sort of weird, but I'm kind of digin it.

If I could score two extras I could make myself a pair of Crimson Guard commanders in suits, that would be cool (who wants to bet Hasbro doesn’t already have plans to use the same mold again to make CG commanders in suits – down the road?)
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "