The San Diego Comic Con 2008 Thread - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    The fourth series of them will be coming out sometime soon so they must being selling well. I have the mandatory Boba Fett one but I don't see myself buying many more if any.

But just as soon as I typed that, I remember seeing the Marvel ones this past weekend and they are kind of cool looking.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You canít stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The latest set of hints:

GIJCC Question #1: Is the second exclusive a figure?
    Hasbro Answers: YES.

GIJCC Question #2: Is the figure a G.I. Joe or a Cobra?
    Hasbro Answers: G.I. JOE!

GIJCC Question #3: Does the figure have any link to last year's Destro or this year's Cobra Commander?
    Hasbro Answers: No, it does not.

GIJCC Question #4: Is it a repaint of an existing tool?
    Hasbro Answers: No, the tool has never been used before!

GIJCC Question #5: Is the exclusive another 3 3/4-inch figure?
    Hasbro Answers: Shockingly it is not.

GIJCC Question #6: Is it a 12-inch Figure?
    Hasbro Answers: Nope.

GIJCC Question #7: Does the exclusive feature one of the more popular or more obscure characters?
    Hasbro Answers: One of the most popular G.I. Joe's and it is a male.

GIJCC Question #8: If it is not 3 3/4-inch scale, can you tell us if the figure is bigger or smaller?
    Hasbro Answers: It is smaller.

****Bonus Question: Are you bringing back some of the unseen 2.5-inch mission scale figures?
    Hasbro Answers: No we are not.
    I don't know what it is at this point except maybe they are branching out into the small sized Titanium line like they have SW, Marvel, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Battlestar Galactica, etc etc.

If they do figures in that line, I will pass on them. If they make classic vehicles in small diecast, I will be all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    The latest set of hints:

I don't know what it is at this point except maybe they are branching out into the small sized Titanium line like they have SW, Marvel, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Battlestar Galactica, etc etc.

If they do figures in that line, I will pass on them. If they make classic vehicles in small diecast, I will be all over them.
    My interest in this second exclusive has been steadily declining with every question answered. :P

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    The latest set of hints:

I'd bet it's a Snake Eyes version of one of those cute-ified "__________ Heroes" figurines, like the "Galactic Heroes", the Marvel "Super Hero Squad" and the Indy "Adventure Heroes". They'll probably call the G.I. Joe line "American Heroes" or something like that. .
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

That could be it as well and think you are probably right.

Titanium line

or

Real American Heroes

I couldn't even begin to fake interest in a G.I. Joe line of "Heroes".

That being said, I'll still buy one if that is what ends up as the 2nd SDCC exclusive.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

I have gobs and gobs of the SW ones, most of the X-Men ones and all the Indy ones. I am sure I will buy most of Joe "Heroes" as well. I really only skipped the Transformers ones.

If it's not 3 3/4-inch, then I highly doubt I'll buy it - which is fine. I can focus on picking up a couple extra of the Cobra Commanders to make my twins in suits
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Well

Isn't it quite possible that the figure could be young Billy. Given the clues that he is smaller then the 3 3/4 size. He is considered a joe and his mold would have never been used before. I mean if he was the young billy he would not be the normal size of the other figures. This is just a guess but considering its Cobra Commander in a suit and tie from the issue when Billy was in the brainwave scanner there might be a connection? Just a guess.

Would Hasbro really sculpt a completely new figure just for an SDCC exclusive?