USS Flagg opinion on crew

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USS Flagg opinion on crew

I'm starting to crew my Flagg. Other than the admiral, who should I use to crew the ship? Feel free to throw out some names guys. Thanks
    Last edited by MARSagent; 04-15-2008 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I try to have all my Navy type Joes on or around there like Shipwreck, Torpedo, Wet Suit, Topside, Cutter. I've also taken some Shipwreck bodies and put generic heads on them to make regular sailors. The action pilot keychain figures that were out a couple years ago also make good deck crew I've got one driving the fuel car and another on a bomb disposal.
    Ouch! Watch the face

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boa's punching bag 26
    I try to have all my Navy type Joes on or around there like Shipwreck, Torpedo, Wet Suit, Topside, Cutter. I've also taken some Shipwreck bodies and put generic heads on them to make regular sailors. The action pilot keychain figures that were out a couple years ago also make good deck crew I've got one driving the fuel car and another on a bomb disposal.
    I've done pretty much the same thing. Wetsuit and Seal Shippy are both in Devilfish boats next to the flagg though. I used many Shipwreck and Cutter bodies with different heads and switched out body parts between the two types to make a bunch of sailors. Also, Scrap-Iron's head (With a little modification) on a Cutter body makes a great signal guy (Forget the actual name of the position, but the guy with the headset and the glowing wands that directs traffic)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I say use 25th Shipwreck as default Shipwreck and V1 Shipwrecks as generic sailors. Use 25th Torpedo as default Torpedo and V1 (and other Torpedo repaints) as generic divers.

Twould worketh for moi. If I had a Flagg...

Like everyone said, the standard Navy guys like Shipwreck, Cutter, Torpedo, Deep-Six, Wet-Suit, Topside, and Shipwreck bodies for generic sailors. But if I had a Flagg I would also use Skidmark as generic flight deck crew.

Custom crew

I have a couple of different custom figs. Simple head changes Cutter body - Duke head; Shipwreck body - Sneakpeek Head. I will take some pics for ya.
    Hope that helps.

Topside was clearanced a lot around where I lived as a kid (in highschool mind you...) and so I picked up a ton of him and swapped heads and made a ton of crewers for the joes. Blue Shirts, (Navy Green Shirts) for my Whale and the like.

I like the idea of having a joe command but average soldiers as crew. However, key positions would be characters. Cutter was always for me totally not on the Flagg, but kept to the Whale due to him being a Coasty. But using his body would be fair game.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boa's punching bag 26
    I've also taken some Shipwreck bodies and put generic heads on them to make regular sailors. The action pilot keychain figures that were out a couple years ago also make good deck crew I've got one driving the fuel car and another on a bomb disposal.
    I've also done that but with Topside bodies! Try it
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I use all of the non-Army folks. The Navy guys and Cutter are no-brainers, and the Air Force guys are there to fly their birds off the deck and support the naval crew members. For instance, Slip-stream's computer skills and Ace's intelligence MOS may come in handy. Add the Marines for shipboard duty as gunners, security, maintenance, etc. A few select Army troops, like Barbecue or one of the commo guys might come in handy too!

If I had a flagg I'd just put whatever figures I wanted on it. I'd probably have clone troopers all over the thing.
    Last edited by KrymsynGardImmoral; 04-17-2008 at 11:05 AM.