Prototype Skystriker

yojoe.com

Prototype Skystriker

1983 Catalouge
    http://www.yojoe.com/catalogs/83/11.shtml

1984 Catalouge
    http://www.yojoe.com/catalogs/84/8.shtml

The most notable differences are the large nose cone, black tail fins, position of wing/landing gear leaver and the two small missiles seem to be moved back a little. Also note the purple skystriker emblems. Makes me wonder why it was switched around so much before production. In many ways I think the prototype looks meaner.
    Last edited by jaimanstone; 05-07-2008 at 01:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That piece in the early photos should be bashed from a Tamiya Model kit, either the orignal hand made model, or a resin copy of it. It goes through a lot of work before it gets to the later photo. A lot of the internal mechanisms and what not would not have been in there yet, and all the removable parts had probably not been engineered, like the tailfins and what not.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

What scale is the Tamiya model?

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the prototype better......

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    What scale is the Tamiya model?

John M>
    1/32

its probably the 1/32 monogram kit not tamiya though

Zombie Thread Alert!

Compare the pre-production Skystriker with the new reissued model. They appear identical to me.

Tolan
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Joe Guy View Post
    Compare the pre-production Skystriker with the new reissued model. They appear identical to me.

Apperances are deceiving

One seat, black stabilizers, further rear-set sindwinder missles, and a different wing/wheel slide: what 'deceived' me?